The Scrum Master will lead a project team of experienced software developers and analysts in delivering software releases that provide exceptional business value to our customers and end users. This position serves as the liaison between the business and the Software Development Team. This role also helps the team reach peak productivity, resolves impediments that blocks teams, and helps track their progress. The Scrum Master/Technical Coordinator also plays a critical role in the adoption of agile development practices by the organization.
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners, cross-functional development teams, and Project Managers to support development and software delivery
- Assist the Product Owner in user story creation/prioritization and product Backlog grooming via emergent requirement elicitation while supporting overall organizational goals
- Resolve or escalate blocking impediments as necessary
- Ensure development team is working efficiently towards Sprint goals
- Coach the development team and stakeholders on how to use Agile/Scrum practices at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Ensure cross functional coordination (analysts, developers and testers) is occurring early and often.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
Required Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in Computer Science or related work experience.
- 3-5 years experience as a Scrum Master or technical coordinator role.
- 3-5 years experience using and administering JIRA.
- Strong facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening abilities.
- Excellent team player and team builder.
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions.
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams with diverse personalities.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.).
- Experience with HL7, HIE’s, integration engines, electronic health records and public health.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, since 1946. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI our focus is solely on improving health and health care. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based solutions to its clients and funders. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Back to top