Program Manager - Military Health Care
Performance Improvement Program Manager – Federal Healthcare
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead Altarum’s growing Process Improvement Program of federal healthcare projects as a Program Manager (PM) to make a difference in military beneficiaries? If yes, then join a growing company that is innovative, entrepreneurial and mission centered. Our technical and management consultants work closely with our customers in a dynamic, solution-oriented environment and we invite you to apply to our opening for a PM today.
As PM in leading a host of complex projects, you will be able to identify inefficiencies in healthcare delivery services and formulate process improvement plans to re-engineer inefficiencies to improve health care operations, patient safety, quality, and access. As PM, you must have familiarity with Military Health System (MHS) culture and operations and knowledge, experience with Navy Medicine is highly desirable, and the ability to synthesize best business practices to employ in support of MHS. The PM should have demonstrated success managing multiple projects and supervising multidisciplinary project teams of Industrial Engineers, Data Analysts, Programmers, and Subject Matter Experts in the development and execution of performance improvement activities. These performance improvement activities includes identifying and documenting current processes, researching best practices, conducting volume and utilization analysis, developing key performance indicators and future state recommendation, and implementing and sustaining the performance improvement plans, at DoD medical treatment facilities (MTFs) around the world.
The PM should have strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills. They will interact with clients on a regular basis, organize overseeing team activities including site visits to MTFs, and lead the Altarum team’s analytic efforts. Altarum is looking for an accomplished, talented, highly ambitious and motivated individual with a strong work ethic and desire to make a difference to our military beneficiaries.
The Program Manager will report to the Manager of Altarum’s Business Analytics Service Area and be based out of our Washington, DC office.
- Plan, organize, and control the overall activities of Altarum’s Performance Improvement projects
- Responsible for contract management, configuration management, technical work, quality of work, scheduling, and costs associated with all projects
- Works as primary interface with client management on issues such as: strategic progress, cost management, and efficiency improvements to help achieve contract requirements
- Ensures that all contract activities conform to the terms and conditions of the contract and task ordering procedures and requirements, including cost, schedule and quality parameters. Provides guidance, direction, and ultimate management for all projects
- Reviews all services and products ensure quality and conformance to client requirements
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with client and manage expectations of service delivery and direct staff to accomplish deadlines
- Contribute to an innovative and team-oriented work environment with individual accountability and ownership to the success of the practice area. Commit to developing knowledge, continuing to learn and sharing knowledge with clients and team members
Prospective candidate for this position should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, management engineering, systems engineering, or similar field. Master's degree is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in successfully managing and administering performance improvement projects in the health care environment, which includes: developing and implementing performance improvements, interfacing with clients, directing projects, and supervising staff
- Familiarity of the Military Health Systems (MHS) culture, Navy Medicine preferred, and have the ability to, as required, synthesize best business practices to employ in support of the MHS
- The ability to confidently and professionally interact with senior Military leadership
- Strong Lean Six Sigma credentials and experience
- Certification as a Program Management Professional from the Program Management Institute desirable
- Familiarity with the PMBOK (Project Management Book of Knowledge from www.PMI.org) and applying it to management of tactical projects
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic environment, and produce deliverables in tight timeframes and constant pressure
- Track record of displaying a high level of motivation, self-starting attitude, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytical, statistical and creative problem solving skills, and a strong work ethic
- Ability and willingness to travel to client sites across the United States as required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance (sole U.S. citizenship required)
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum develops and promote best practices in the application of information technology to health and health care. Applying systems research principles and analytic objectivity, we work to increase access to health information; improve the organization and usability of health information; and develop new knowledge from health information. We work to achieve these goals by addressing all aspects of information technology —policy and planning efforts, system design and development, information exchange, and the management and evaluation of specific information technology and strategies.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Back to top