Palladian Partners, an Altarum Institute company, is pleased to announce an opening for Meeting Planner at our Silver Spring, MD headquarters. Palladian Partners is a creative communications firm dedicated to disseminating information about new discoveries in health, medicine, and social science to professionals, educators, patients, families, and the public.
The Meeting Planner position at Palladian is growth-oriented opportunity for a detail oriented, self-motivated professional. In this position, you will be responsible for the development, planning and execution of meetings, events, and conferences for various government clients in the fields of health and science.
- Coordinate a team of professionals in successfully planning and executing multiple meetings and conferences that vary in size from ten to hundreds of attendees.
- Coordinate logistical details including registration, venue set-up, audio visual support, transportation arrangements, and accommodations.
- Create budgets, manage expenses, and implement cost-saving strategies to stay within required event budgets. Coordinate billing and invoice reconciliation for prompt payments.
- Manage timelines for multiple events and projects simultaneously.
- Manage online registration web sites and use reports to develop meeting materials
- Draft and distribute internal and external communications
- Collaborate with other team members to address client needs
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 1-3 years' event/meeting planning or related hospitality work experience
- Poise under pressure, flexible with time constraints and changing schedules, and ability to think quickly to resolve problems
- Clear accurate written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work effectively with clients and vendors
- Must be detail-oriented, sharp, professional, independent, and self-motivated
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work flexible hours to be onsite at meetings early in the morning or late into the evening
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
This is a full-time, staff position located at Palladian's corporate headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Back to top