Altarum Institute is seeking a Managing Consultant within our Business Advisory Services (BAS) group in Washington DC who will think strategically, and build a service offering for Altarum that adds long-term value, while complementing our current portfolio of business services. The current portfolio of projects include Program Management Office (PMO) support, quantitative business analysis, revenue cycle management, budget planning, financial modeling, performance measurement, research analytics, process improvement, policy implementation, compliance, training and strategic communications.
You will be a critical piece in the continued long-term growth of the group and will spend a significant amount of time interacting with senior clients, leading large project team members and overseeing the development of numerous deliverables. We’re looking for a management consultant with a tendency towards action, fresh ideas, the ability to anticipate where a client’s needs may be 12 months from now, and the desire to build something meaningful.
Upon successfully demonstrating competency in areas such client relations, business development, leadership, resource management, project management and execution, strategic and analytical thinking, and teamwork, the next step in your career progression at Altarum would be as a Service Area Manager. As a Service Area Manager you will have a leadership role in Business Advisory Services, which includes building and owning a line of business, P&L responsibility, and developing and managing dedicated team staff.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with senior client management and Institute executive leadership. Manage expectations of service delivery and direct staff to accomplish deadlines across business service areas.
- Develop accurate project plans and resources estimates, monitor and track project execution and ensure budgets and timelines are met.
- Other key project management duties will include: planning levels of effort (LOE’s), developing project road maps, setting milestones, assigning tasks, identifying objectives, and exceeding client expectations while successfully managing project scope.
- Present all project deliverables and findings to senior client stakeholders and practice area leadership, as required.
- Foster an innovative and team-oriented work environment with individual accountability and ownership to the success of the practice.
- Commit to knowledge development, continue to educate and share knowledge with clients and team members.
- Build collaborative methods to develop and share internal reports with institute peers.
- Develop and maintain client relationships across multiple federal (and non-federal) agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field; Master’s degree preferred (MBA, MHA, MPH).
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of professional management consulting experience with at least three (3) years of independently leading groups and project work plans. Experience leading large projects in a consulting environment; developing work plans, coordinating resources to meet deadlines for deliverables, and tracking staff contributions.
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic environment and produce deliverables in tight timeframes and constant pressure.
- Track record of displaying a high level of motivation, self-starting attitude, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and creative problem solving skills, and a strong work ethic.
- Proficient with consulting and technical tools (MS Office Suite, analytics, etc.)
- Must be able to receive a U.S. Security Clearance (sole U.S. citizenship required).
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability..
Back to top