Jr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Altarum Institute is seeking Junior Software Quality Assurance Engineer. This position in, conjunction with team members, will develop and implement quality assurance standards and measures within the project. This role is responsible for writing test plans, creating and executing both functional and automated tests, tracking defects and fixes, and reporting the progress of each.
- Familiar with QA testing methodologies in software development environment.
- Identify test requirements from functional requirement specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Responsible for creating and executing functional, automatic, regression and acceptance tests to ensure new enhancements meet user requirements.
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Create and maintain efficient automated scripts that utilize clean code and best practice coding standards.
- The person should have BS in CS/CA or IS degree.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in performing QA for software development.
- Strong organization, analytic and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Able to communicate with the developers and analysts effectively.
- Experience with SQL is preferred.
- Familiarity with Bug tracking and version control system is preferred.
- Understanding of Agile Development Methodology is recommended.
- Familiar in writing automation test scripts using Selenium or any other open source tools is preferred.
- S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Meet Some of Altarum's Employees
Deputy Project Manager
Shaheen is focused on customer satisfaction, serving as a trusted partner and advisor to help clients meet their goals, increase efficiencies, and adapt in rapidly changing environments.
Back to top