HL7 Interface Developer
Altarum Institute, a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, is pleased to announce an opening for an HL7 Interface Developer. The Interface Developer will be responsible for working with EHRs and laboratory systems on interface development with Michigan public health systems.
This position may be a remote hire, and allow the Developer to work FT from home. Altarum develops and promote best practices in the application of information technology to health and health care. Applying systems research principles and analytic objectivity, we work to increase access to health information; improve the organization and usability of health information; and develop new knowledge from health information. We work to achieve these goals by addressing all aspects of information technology —policy and planning efforts, system design and development, information exchange, and the management and evaluation of specific information technology and strategies.
- Interface Development
- Work with EHRs and laboratory systems on interface development with public health systems
- Create use case specific implementation guides in accordance with HL7 standards including FHIR
- Design and develop Rhapsody routes for message and CDA validation and processing
- Monitor existing production messaging systems.
- Work with health information exchanges to bring data into Michigan public health systems.
- Maintain and enhance several Michigan Public Health Interfaces. This includes: Requirements gathering, System design, Implementation, Testing, and Maintenance
- Preferred candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline.
- Three or more years of relevant experience.
- In-depth experience with Health Level Seven (HL7) standards
- Experience with the Orion Rhapsody Interface Engine.
- Candidates should be interested in all areas of interface development, and demonstrate a willingness to learn new technologies.
ABOUT ALTARUM: Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, since 1946. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI our focus is solely on improving health and health care. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based solutions to its clients and funders. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Back to top