Helpdesk Support Technician
Altarum is currently looking for a Helpdesk Support Technician (Level 1) to help serve our clients. This position filters issue calls and provides basic support and troubleshooting, such as: password resets, break/fix instructions, ticket routing and escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support. The Level 1 support technician may also escalate to IT applications support or call for outside vendor maintenance (Level 4), as needed.
A Level 1 technician gathers and analyzes information about user issues and determines the best way to resolve problems. Level 1 techs may also provide support for identified Level 2 and Level 3 issues where configuration solutions have already been documented.
- Provide technical and procedural assistance via phone, email and chat.
- Diagnose and resolve technical software issues related to the Prometheus Analytics
- application infrastructure stack.
- Research issues using available information resources.
- Implement issue resolution and/or advise user on appropriate action.
- Provide Root Cause Analysis reports.
- Follow standard help desk procedures.
- Log all help desk interactions.
- Escalate problems to tier 2 and tier 3 level support as required.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Track and route problems and requests and document solutions.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Assist senior IT staff as needed.
- Working knowledge of Ubuntu and/or Red Hat Linux.
- Working knowledge of MySQL or other relational databases.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic shell scripting or other scripting language.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic SQL queries.
- Comfortable with VPN and Remote Access technologies.
- Ability to assist others with complex issues in a professional manner.
- Learning and initiative skills.
- Strong problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Back to top