Healthcare Software Project Manager
A Project Manager in our Health Innovations & Technical Assistance group in Ann Arbor, MI works in a very fast-paced, demanding, but rewarding, consulting environment. You will have the opportunity to use your knowledge of Health Information Technology, experience working on custom software development projects, passion for improving healthcare, and leadership skills to lead multiple Public Health projects and tasks centered in Health Information Technology. As a Project Manager, your primary focus will be in leading software projects designed to improve human health. Over the course of your career at Altarum, you may lead the creation of a disease registry or a clinical decision support tool; manage the design of a payment modelling system; lead the development and configuration projects for the Michigan Health Information Exchange; or lead client relationships with one our many state, federal, and commercial partners. As a full-time member of a dynamic consulting group, your specific projects, tasks, and responsibilities will evolve and change over time.
• Plan, manage, and execute software projects from beginning to end, within budget and time constraints. Manage processes for budgets, timelines, technical documentation, project briefings and reviews, and take ownership of all contract deliverables.
• Provide professional client interface, ensure responsiveness to client requirements and concerns.
• Continually identify lessons learned, evaluate completed tasks and make process improvements based upon successful and unsuccessful project elements. Develop best practices to share across Altarum.
• Present findings to clients, policymakers, service providers, and community groups.
• Collect and analyze data to inform community needs and investments; plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate programs.
• Design and conduct evaluations and diagnostic studies to assess the quality and performance of health programs.
• Develop, prepare, and coordinate Requests for Proposals (RFP), grant applications, and grant-related activities to obtain funding for health education programs and related work.
• Bachelor's degree and experience leading software development projects in a collaborative, team-oriented style.
• PMP certification preferred
• Experience managing budgets, plans, teams and complex time-sensitive deliverables and deadlines.
• Track record of leading, thinking strategically, innovating, acting with integrity, and exceeding client expectations.
• Desire to integrate research, technical, analytical, and consulting skills to serve the public good and improve human health.
ABOUT ALTARUM: Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, since 1946. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI our focus is solely on improving health and health care. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based solutions to its clients and funders. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Back to top