Does it drive you crazy when you see grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors in the things you read every day? If you love to edit and proofread, you might be just right for the copyeditor position at Palladian Partners.
Palladian Partners, an Altarum Institute company, seeks a full-time editor to work at our Silver Spring, MD, headquarters. Palladian is a creative communications firm dedicated to disseminating information about new discoveries in health, medicine, and social science to professionals, educators, patients, families, and the public. In this position, you will interact with all levels of staff and use your outstanding editorial skills on a wide range of print and web projects in support of high-profile clients.
This position is perfect for someone who is very organized, has a knack for spotting errors, and wants to learn about health and science communications from the ground up.
- Edit and proofread websites, articles, social media posts, reports, newsletters, brochures, fact sheets, and meeting materials, using a variety of style guides
- Produce accessible PDF files in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act
- Perform miscellaneous editorial tasks in support of communications projects
- Assist with proposals and other business development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of copyediting and proofreading experience
- Outstanding eye for detail and command of English grammar and punctuation
- Familiarity with a variety of style guides, such as AP, APA, AMA, and Chicago
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, under deadline pressure
- Intermediate to advanced MS Word skills
- Hands-on experience with Adobe Acrobat
- Customer service experience a plus
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter along with your resume.
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian’s dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Meet Some of Altarum's Employees
Deputy Project Manager
Shaheen is focused on customer satisfaction, serving as a trusted partner and advisor to help clients meet their goals, increase efficiencies, and adapt in rapidly changing environments.
Back to top