Altarum Institute is seeking experienced Care Managers to staff our Chronic Care Management (CCM) support service offered to medical provider offices in Michigan. Altarum-based Care Managers will deliver care management and coordination services to patients at provider offices that have purchased the CCM service in compliance with the CMS Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) CPT code 99490 for “non-face-to-face care coordination services furnished to Medicare beneficiaries with multiple chronic conditions”. The Altarum Care Manager will engage with an assigned case load of patients telephonically, focusing on healthcare needs, care planning, and communication between multiple providers using an electronic care plan and management system.
- Review services with interested practices and assist in enrolling them in the CCM program
- Educate provider offices on CMS CCM reimbursement schedule under CPT code 99490
- Provide all services necessary in order to execute an electronic care plan
- Determine an individual’s health and educational needs as a result of inbound and outbound phone calls, and review of medical records with patients
- Maintain communication with patients to measure no less than 20 minutes per month
- Collaborate with the patient's provider to facilitate appropriate physical, behavioral and social services
- Review care plans and make changes as necessary
- Provide patients with information regarding medical questions/concerns
- Ability to work collegially with staff members from multiple offices
- Ability to manage multiple patients simultaneously
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with patients, families and client providers
- Examples of CM activities may include educating newly diagnosed patients about the disease and treatments; managing therapies; and drug administration and side effects
- The following types of professionals will be eligible to serve as an Altarum Care Manager: Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Social Worker (Bachelors or Masters), Certified Medical Assistant, Certified Community Health Worker
- Minimum of 3 years’ of experience as a Care Manager or Case Manager
- Ability to provide transportation to client provider practices (mileage reimbursement available)
- Medicare/Medicaid experience
- Experience with multiple EHR/EMR systems
Primary Skill Set Desired
- Clinical or Care Management experience, Certified Care Manager preferred
- A background in geriatric care, family medicine and/or long-term care (home health, hospice, public health, assisted living)
- A background and ability to work with populations with special needs
- Competence and experience with electronic charting
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently and in groups
- Exceptional time management skills, with a high level of individual initiative
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, planning, and problem solving skills
- Can be depended upon to effectively plan and organize multiple assignments to ensure workload’s completion, yet flexible enough to handle changing schedules
- Local travel to the client provider offices will be required. [Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday]
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Back to top