Palladian Partners is a creative communications firm dedicated to disseminating information about new discoveries in health, medicine, and social science to professionals, educators, patients, families, and the public.
The Budget Analyst is responsible for the budget planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of federal government projects of varying contract type, size, and complexity. The Budget Analyst assists directors and project managers in tracking the financial status and analyzing labor utilization for projects. In this role, you will work as part of a skilled management team, and you will need to communicate effectively and proactively with a broad variety of stakeholders.
- Gathering, extracting, reviewing, verifying, and consolidating a variety of information and financial data needed to prepare reports
- Responsible for monthly forecasts and tracking variances, invoicing, and all other internal financial aspects of projects.
- Analyzing and evaluating changes in program plans and funding and their effect on budgets
- Prepares analysis of budgeting and costs on the contract and associated reports and spending plans
- Cross-checking the accuracy of budget and program data in related budgetary forms, data sources, schedules, and reports;
- Independently perform tasks involving budget execution or formulation by compiling data from various financial management reports.
- Responsible for overseeing budget activities including projections, tracking funds distribution, and reconciling commitments/obligations.
- Preparing financial reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience working on budgets for federal contracts preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to adapt quickly to emerging issues, priorities, and competing requirements
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytic techniques to evaluate budget data and resolve inconsistencies
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure and prioritize multiple work responsibilities, with competing demands, while maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and facility with collaborating as part of large teams.
- Anticipates problems ahead of time and takes a proactive approach towards solving them or reporting them to a supervisor.
- Laser-sharp attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, to respond/react quickly to changing priorities and to be dedicated to completion of required tasks.
- Ability to initiate and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. This is a full-time, staff position located at Palladian's corporate headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Ideal candidates are exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple deadlines.
Palladian Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Back to top