Behavioral Health TA Center, Intern
Are you passionate about working in the behavioral health field and learning about government contracting, collegiate recovery, and social media? Altarum Institute is pleased to launch its 2017 Altarum Behavioral Health Internship Program! This experience will provide the opportunity to assist the Altarum Behavioral Health TA Team with a variety of essential tasks. These tasks include our social media and web presence, task work for our clients, engagement with our partners, and finding new work opportunities for Altarum Institute. In addition, our Intern will learn valuable skills in organization, social media management, research practice, time management, marketing/communications, and partner engagement. For more information, please visit us online, on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Development, coordination, and scheduling of Altarum Behavioral Health social media content through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Support in Altarum’s collegiate recovery work through research, document preparation, and resource management
- Assist Altarum Behavioral Health TA Center team members with task work, meeting preparation, and other duties
- Collaborate with various Altarum departments and external partners around campaigns, initiatives, and other work
- Assist with finding third party opportunities for engagement on behalf of Altarum
- Competency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Strong conceptual skills for use in developing/maintaining databases
- Competency in communication tools such as social media, newsletter software, shared documents, etc.
- Must be able to work effectively as a key support member
- Must be precise and attentive to details
- US citizenship required
- 15-20 hours per week
- Flexible days and times
- Majority of hours in Rockville office
- $10 per hour
- 6 months preferred
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Meet Some of Altarum's Employees
Deputy Project Manager
Shaheen is focused on customer satisfaction, serving as a trusted partner and advisor to help clients meet their goals, increase efficiencies, and adapt in rapidly changing environments.
Back to top