Associate Consultant- Safety
Altarum Institute is seeking to hire an Associate Consultant for our Business Advisory Services Group in Washington, DC. The successful candidate will contribute to a diverse portfolio of safety and health projects; including programmatic support, industrial hygiene analysis, safety audits, health training, facility inspections, injury prevention, budget planning, environmental compliance, financial modeling, compliance, process improvement, worker safety training and strategic communications. The Associate Consultant will play an important role in helping our clients plan, manage, and forecast safety and health services. Altarum is looking for an accomplished, talented, highly ambitious and motivated individual with a strong work ethic and desire to make a difference to our safety, health and environmental clients. The successful candidate will work out of our Washington, DC office, report to a Service Area Manager, and work closely with other consultants, analysts, and SME's on a daily basis.
- Will be responsible for developing safety and health project plans and resources estimates, monitoring and tracking project execution and ensuring budgets and timelines are met
- Must quickly understand the client’s business process governing safety and health activities to help organize and execute project activities. Existing deliverables, process and policy documentation and other support resources will be provided upon candidate’s selection
- Will present safety and health deliverables and findings to senior client stakeholders and practice area leadership, as required
- Must be able to routinely assess client safety and health needs, match them with Altarum capabilities, develop innovative safety solutions (including white papers) and articulately present these solutions to the client
- Will be responsible for the quality of all safety and health deliverables produced under assigned contracts and will supplement efforts of team members to ensure quality standards are exceeded
- BS degree in Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, Healthcare or related field and 0-3 years of experience, preferably in a federal consulting environment; or recent MS/MPH/MBA graduate with related internship or work experience
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic environment and produce deliverables in tight timeframes and constant pressure
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to leverage functional knowledge to provide strategic direction to clients and direct project activities
- Must be comfortable making frequent presentations to senior managers and senior client stakeholders
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Be located within or willing to relocate to the Washington, DC area
- Must be able to receive a U.S. Security Clearance (sole U.S. citizenship required)
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum develops and promote best practices in the application of information technology to health and health care. Applying systems research principles and analytic objectivity, we work to increase access to health information; improve the organization and usability of health information; and develop new knowledge from health information. We work to achieve these goals by addressing all aspects of information technology —policy and planning efforts, system design and development, information exchange, and the management and evaluation of specific information technology and strategies.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Meet Some of Altarum's Employees
Deputy Project Manager
Shaheen is focused on customer satisfaction, serving as a trusted partner and advisor to help clients meet their goals, increase efficiencies, and adapt in rapidly changing environments.
Back to top