Full Stack Engineer
- Oakland, CA
At Altais, we're looking for bold and curious innovators who share our passion for enabling better health care experiences and revolutionizing the healthcare system for physicians, patients, and the clinical community. Doctors today are faced with the reality of spending more time on administrative tasks than caring for patients. Physician burnout and fatigue are an epidemic, and the healthcare experience and quality suffer as a result. At Altais, we're building breakthrough clinical support tools, technology, and services to let doctors do what they do best: care for people. Come join us as an early member of our passionate and growing team as we change the game for the future of healthcare and enable the experience that people need and deserve.
Job DescriptionAre you looking to build your career in Software Engineering and be part of a growing and dynamic team? We've got a great opportunity to be part of a start-up business with the resources and leadership of an experienced Product Development organization. We believe that people are our greatest asset, so the Altais Health Software Engineering team is absolutely critical to the success of the organization as a whole. As the Full Stack Developer, you will be reporting to the Director of Software Engineering and you will be responsible for development of Altais Health's physician centered software solutions. You are primarily responsible for development of functioning code in both browser and server environments.This position is in our San Francisco Montgomery Street location and will move to our brand-new Oakland City Center location in Spring 2020.
ResponsibilitiesAs a full stack developer, you will develop software across the spectrum of the technology stack. This includes:
- Design and build Full-Stack scalable applications from end-to-end used by physicians, patients, etc.
- Back End Development - Design and implement service oriented Server based functions, which include creation of RESTful APIs and external system integration.
- Design DBMS data access involving relational databases (SQL) and NoSQL datastores.
- Design for load spikes with queueing, caching, indexing, etc.
- DevOps - processes and software configuration protocols, including the use of container technologies for software deployment.
- Work as a collaborative team member with business partners, developers, and fellow designers.
- Supports the entire software development life cycle including support and maintenance.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience, Master's Degree preferred
- 8 to 10 years of directly related professional experience and possesses deep technical abilities in full stack technologies
- Prior development of service or micro-service-based applications and API management
- Proficiency with relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Proficiency with Java IDEs (e.g. IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, STS)
- Proficiency with development tool environments (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- Proficiency with Version Control tools (e.g. Git, SVN, Perforce)
- Proficiency with design patterns of microservices
- Experience in development of distributive, scalable, and secure applications
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus. Deep knowledge of the software development life cycle in general required
- Experience with cloud development and deployment, web/interface development, and human-focused design/design thinking/responsive design
- Experience with supporting software development lifecycles, including virtualization and container technologies, automated deployment processes Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), and DevOps cloud deployment is a plus
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, GoCD)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail and an analytical mind
- Prior experience in the Healthcare Industry
You Share our Mission & Values
- You are passionate about improving the healthcare experience and want to be part of the Altais mission.
- You are bold and curious- willing to take risks, try new things and be creative.
- You take pride in your work and are accountable for the quality of everything you do, holding yourself and others to a high standard.
- You are compassionate and are known as someone who demonstrates emotional intelligence, considers others when making decisions and always tries to do the right thing.
- You co-create, knowing that we can be better as a team than individuals. You work well with others, collaborating and valuing diversity of thought and perspective.
- You build trust with your colleagues and customers by demonstrating that you are someone who values honesty and transparency.
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
Altais is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blue Shield of California. Candidates hired to work for Altais, Altais Health, and Altais Clinical Services will be employed by California Physicians' Services dba Blue Shield of California. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws
Back to top