Technical Operations Manager
We are looking for a versatile technical professional to ensure our IT strategy and operations are world-class, supporting and enabling our continued growth. This is a new position that represents an exciting opportunity for the right individual to impact a high-growth global firm in a business critical capacity. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and overseeing firm-wide IT strategy, processes, and support. The role will form a key component of the wider Operations function, and will also work closely with Software Engineering. This role is suited primarily to an individual who has a broad range of technical experience who and can provide practice leadership and management for complex and diverse technical demands.
Design and implement the global IT infrastructure roadmap for the firm, with the aim of creating an integrated, reliable and efficient set of systems that meet business needs.
Select and manage IT vendors including: benchmarking, negotiation, contract administration, and ensuring performance against contract Oversee detailed design and build of IT components of global real estate projects, and ensure seamless relocation Develop and maintain a global asset register of hardware, software, and IT service contracts Provide technical expertise with regards to performance tuning, capacity maintenance and operational support Work closely with our Software Engineering team to ensure that innovations are fully integrated. Create and coordinate a global IT support team, ensuring continuous cover, prioritisation, and metric-driven reporting. Assist in the recruitment and induction of new team members. Work with remote teams to solve on-going issues and execute new initiatives.
- Relevant bachelor's degree (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering)
- 5+ Years' experience managing a technical team of engineering and/or operations professionals responsible for critical systems and operations. Ideally, this will have been in a distributed organisation in which telephony is critical.
- Experience leading 2nd/3rd line service desks
- Proven success forming and managing remote teams
- Track record of delivery of technology change initiatives evolving an IT function closer to best practice
- Fluency in English
Meet Some of AlphaSights's Employees
Together with his team, James is responsible for understanding his consulting clients’ needs, executing a sound search strategy for clients, and connecting them to the industry experts they need.
Back to top