Senior Analyst, Strategy & Operations
Who We Are
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search. Our mission is to empower decision makers to leverage globally distributed knowledge faster than ever before. Professionals at investment firms, consultancies, corporations and non-profits rely on us to seamlessly connect them with knowledgeable domain experts who help enhance their thinking, inform critical decisions and propel their business forward. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights has offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
Who you are
Do you see data as more than just a jumble of digits? Do you jump into the numbers like it’s a playground, full of nuggets of info that can transform how a business operates? Then we might have the job for you! AlphaSights is looking for a detail-oriented data fanatic who’s ready to deep-dive into our databases, analyze the ins-and-outs, and use those findings to help drive our business forward.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior Analyst, Strategy & Operations in our New York office, you will be part of a fast paced, collaborative and iterative environment. You will partner with senior stakeholders to address key challenges and identify proactive and innovative opportunities to help drive our business forward in helping to shape the organization’s thinking about Big Data. This will be a highly visible, cross-functional role working with leaders of our Client Services, Recruiting, Marketing, and Engineering teams to inform decisions and increase visualization. You’ll dig in and become an expert on our talent, client and expert datasets. You will work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact advanced analytics projects across a variety of core business areas. You will roll out ‘applied analytics’ initiatives that will be leveraged across core business processes and enable your stakeholders to access critical business insights and data science ever more easily. Over time, you should expect to increasingly inform the company’s strategic thinking based on the business insights that you proactively and independently generate.
We know that there is infinite data available that could potentially help us make decisions, and that we only have a small amount of it. Your innovative thinking will identify novel analyses and external sources of data that could help shape our decisions.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand business needs and define projects, such as sales forecasting, budgeting, workforce planning, recruiting and retention analytics
- Pull information from proprietary systems to conduct quantitative analysis; use information to draw insights and help identify opportunities for growth and improvement
- Work within our systems and with engineers to achieve high standards of data integrity, ensuring supporting metrics are accurate and complete
- Make complex concepts simple and easy to understand by those around you by highlighting enterprising new approaches to current datasets
- Build dashboards to effectively showcase pertinent information and trends, anticipating the business’ need
- Effectively manage diverse data needs across various functions
- Conduct predictive analytics to identify new opportunities and forecast short and long-term considerations
- 2-5 years of analytics/business intelligence experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical teams across multiple businesses; written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and part of a team, meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads in a fast paced environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture, develop new ideas and think through creative solutions
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to read code and understand domain models of business applications
- Proficiency in SQL
- Mastery in Excel
- Experience with Ruby and web analytics is a plus; understanding web application infrastructure is preferred
- Experience with multiple reporting mediums (e.g., Tableau, Periscope, etc.) is a plus
- Coding and web analytics experience is a plus
Meet Some of AlphaSights's Employees
Together with his team, James is responsible for understanding his consulting clients’ needs, executing a sound search strategy for clients, and connecting them to the industry experts they need.
Back to top