AlphaSights is looking for an organized, enthusiastic Office Manager to join our growing team. As an Office Manager, you would play a key role in operationally scaling the office and helping to deliver positive and seamless candidate, client and employee experiences on-site. A successful candidate will embrace a 'whatever-it-takes' mantra to roll up their sleeves and achieve team goals. In their daily roles, our employees enjoy significant autonomy, responsibility and opportunities beyond their years of experience, making AlphaSights a challenging and rewarding place to work.
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search. Our mission is to make the world's knowledge more accessible and better utilized than ever before. Professionals at investment funds, consultancies, corporations and non-profits engage in one-on-one consultations with knowledgeable experts identified by AlphaSights to enhance their thinking, improve their decisions and drive their business forward. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights has offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
As Office Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all office operations and procedures, as well as helping to deliver an enjoyable on-site experience.
- Raise the standard of professionalism in the AlphaSights San Francisco office, with the intention of improving employee engagement and satisfaction
- Being the face (and voice!) of AlphaSights by serving as the receptionist, answering and directing incoming calls and greeting, directing, and assisting all visitors
- Design and implement office procedures and best practices
- Resource procurement includes managing the flow of supplies and services into the office and thinking strategically about cost-effective ways to improve the office environment
- Identify and liaise with vendors; negotiate contracts
- Own front desk operations, reception and hospitality
- Coordinate events and/or conferences for purposes of marketing, client engagement and talent attraction
- Manage and adhere to a quarterly Social & Consumables budget; proactively anticipate events and execute on planning effectively. Streamline expense management process to meet Finance deadlines.
- Create, manage, and execute internal events, making the office environment a key driver in company culture; including but not limited to Monthly Minutes, Social, Onboarding, Wellness, Philanthropy, & company-sponsored initiatives, etc.
- Assist in onboarding and offboarding employees; provide training on office procedures and anything else the HR manager deems necessary, work closely with Professional Development to facilitate and organize AlphaCamp and requisite training surrounding that; this includes Annual Company PD Off-Site.
What We Look For:
- Proactive: You anticipate others' needs and enjoy helping others without anyone needing to ask you. You are three steps ahead of everyone else.
- Work Autonomously: You must be able to work with little to no direction. You're reliable and feel a strong sense of accountability.
- Energizer: You know what is needed to build a strong/fun/unique office culture representative of AlphaSights. You are able to energize those around you.You build relationships and leverage key stakeholders in order to drive progress on different initiatives.
- Career maturity and alignment – clarity of direction, commitment to getting there and awareness of how Professional Development at AlphaSights fits with your journey
- Innate personal confidence – ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Rigorous attention to detail – ability to execute on numerous workstreams within the same timeframe
- People-oriented, emotionally intelligent team player – ability to de-escalate situations patiently and calmly, yet quickly and effectively
- Authority and poise – ability to present yourself with gravitas and manage relationships with junior and senior stakeholders within the business Strong communication skills – ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in writing and in person
- Bachelor's degree, with strong academic credentials and demonstrated extracurricular leadership
- 1-3 years or strong internship experience in office administration or relative role
- Team oriented, "all hands on deck" attitude, high energy and enthusiasm
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask, with understanding that no task is too small for success; extremely organized
- Tech savvy (Google for Work products)
- Excel budgeting experience is a plus
- English fluency required
Meet Some of AlphaSights's Employees
Together with his team, James is responsible for understanding his consulting clients’ needs, executing a sound search strategy for clients, and connecting them to the industry experts they need.
Back to top