Manager, Office Experience (Facilities and Operations)
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search. Our mission is to connect the world's top professionals with the world's best knowledge, helping them sharpen their strategic thinking, get critical decisions right, and propel their business forward. Many of the world's leading investment firms, consultancies, corporations and nonprofits rely on AlphaSights to connect them efficiently and intelligently with industry, market, technical and other domain experts located anywhere in the world. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights has offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
Who You Are
You are a driven, experienced Manager, Office Experience (Facilities and Operations) and are excited to help a rapidly-scaling global firm create and maintain dynamic, world-class workplaces. You are meticulous and have a passion for ensuring consistent 5-star experiences. You get a kick out of managing people and budgets to achieve the most positive and efficient outcomes.
AlphaSights is an innovative, dynamic, and ambitious organization that is growing rapidly. Our mission and our product is fundamentally human, enabled and supported by exceptional infrastructure. This ethos manifests in polished, positive, and energizing workplace environments - this new role will be central to ensuring consistent excellence in the physical fabric of our spaces as well as the systems and processes which underpin them.
The focus of the role will be on our London office, with additional responsibilities for regional and satellite offices. The role will include management of all hard and soft services, management of the London Office Experience team, as well as external maintenance providers and vendors. The role will also encompass real estate related planning and execution.
- Management and professional development of Office Experience team members, including Front of House
- Ensuring constant staff cover, managing temporary team members, and engaging in recruitment for additional full time positions as required
- Delivery of all hard and soft services, including maintenance, hospitality, post, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and security
- Direction, supervision, and oversight of all subcontracted facilities services
- Contract management and negotiation, ensuring all service providers perform according to contract and SLAs
- Office cost planning, monitoring, and optimization
- Ensure health and safety compliance, and conduct risk assessments
- Act as the key point of contact for all facilities-related escalations to ensure quick resolution of any complaints
- Fully manage all contractual obligations including lease agreements, service charges, and rates
- Monitor headcount and plan office redevelopment and real estate requirements accordingly
- Project manage all small facilities changes
- Develop a Business Continuity Plan and partner with the global Operations team on implementation
- Take a key role in large scale real estate projects including future HQ relocation
Skills and Experience / Who we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree (ideally in a relevant discipline such as real estate, engineering, facilities management) or equivalent
- Additional building services qualifications are a bonus (IOSH etc.)
- 6-7 years' directly relevant experience in facilities management or office management, working in house at a dynamic organization, or managing large-scale FM contracts for a corporate real estate management firm
- Familiarity working in a fast-paced and demanding environment with the ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- A positive "can-do" attitude outlook and in turn, the ability to create a positive and motivational environment for the wider team
- An understanding of commercial contracts and experience of managing SLAs
- The ability to manage a busy workload efficiently and to prioritise key tasks, as well as a strong project management skillset
Meet Some of AlphaSights's Employees
Together with his team, James is responsible for understanding his consulting clients’ needs, executing a sound search strategy for clients, and connecting them to the industry experts they need.
Back to top