Experienced Associate, Senior Level Executive Introductions
Experienced Associate, Senior Executive Introductions
As Experienced Associate, Senior Executive Introductions, you will be responsible for the research & delivery on projects relating to deal origination and sourcing, networking (e.g. operating partner search), and executive search. You will take ownership of incoming projects and through consistently excellent delivery, you will make a critical contribution to the development of a new value proposition to our private equity clients. In addition to driving delivery on these projects, you will help us improve and institutionalize our understanding of client needs and best practices and be closely involved in the controlled growth of the Senior Executive Introduction product.
Based in London, the Experienced Associate will work as part of the Senior Executive Introduction team and there will be ample opportunities to work with the broader European Private Equity team, which consists of four Managers and over 20 Associates.
The key responsibilities can be summarized as follows:
- Fully understand the client brief and develop a comprehensive search strategy
- Identify Advisor "habitats" by researching relevant target companies and industries as well as defining parallel experiences and skill-sets
- Consistently deliver high quality, diverse list of candidates by:
- Undertaking methodical desktop research
- Liaising with team members to fully leverage our global network of Advisors
- Engage potential candidates and maintain regular communication to manage their expectations through the search process
- Execute search strategy and successfully drive closure of project
- Maintain the highest quality information about the candidate in proprietary database, including timely and rigorous capture of insight gathered during the course of search
Knowledge Management and Sector Activities:
- Capture both search and non-search related information in proprietary database
- Develop and demonstrate sector knowledge to provide an informed view …
- Contribute actively to the development and propagation of best practices initiatives.
The ideal candidate has / is:
- An outstanding academic record and 1-3 years of experience in a business or research environment, preferably in a highly regarded executive search firm
- Superior verbal, writing, and listening skills; is articulate and able to communicate persuasively
- Strong organisational skills; is able to prioritise his/her own (and potentially others) diverse and time sensitive workloads to ensure all deadlines are met and relevant team members are kept fully in the loop on progress
- The self-motivation and initiative to think beyond traditional methods to exceed client expectations; critical and creative thinking when faced with difficult projects
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- A sincere interest in understanding the private equity process in great detail, and specifically how private equity firms collaborate with executive talent
- Capable of formulating a compelling search strategy independently and leading its execution
- Able to build trusted, lasting relationships with the most senior advisors because he/she has ability to understand their motivations and manage their expectations
- Team-oriented with an ownership mentality and "whatever-it-takes" attitude
- Personal maturity and good judgement; highly professional in all circumstances
- Proficient in German and/or French
Meet Some of AlphaSights's Employees
Together with his team, James is responsible for understanding his consulting clients’ needs, executing a sound search strategy for clients, and connecting them to the industry experts they need.
Back to top