Fast track programme aimed at graduates with 1-3 years' experience gained in a different field, who are now seeking to enter the business world.
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search. Our mission is to connect the world's top professionals with the world's best knowledge, helping them improve critical decisions, sharpen their thinking and drive business forward. Investment firms, consultancies, corporations and non-profits rely on AlphaSights to connect them efficiently and intelligently with experts across all industries and regions. AlphaSights is growing fast and, with three new oﬃces opened in the last year alone, oﬀers unrivalled impact opportunity and career progression.
AlphaSights' Experienced Associate Programme is aimed at graduates with 1-3 years' experience gained in a different field who are now seeking to enter the business world. Whether you spent some years with Teach First, trained to become a lawyer, went down the non-profit route, or spent time in the military - as long as you can clearly articulate your decision to switch into a fast-paced commercial environment, we'd love to hear from you.
Individuals who join us on this scheme must possess maturity, leadership potential, and a clear sense of where their business career should take them. Upon joining, you will be thrown in the deep end and pushed to get up the commercial learning curve extremely rapidly. Associates on the scheme will be eligible for fast-track to Manager level if they demonstrate the required leadership traits and deliver outstanding commercial results.
As a member of our client service team, you will be acting as the intermediary between our clients on one side, and targeted industry experts on the other. Your role is to focus on our clients' knowledge gaps and define the specialist knowledge required to address them. You then research companies and industries in order to identify and engage leading subject-matter specialists, using sound judgment to qualify their expertise based on the project in question, and connect them with our clients in real-time. Although there is no typical day, there are often many projects running concurrently and our teams have to learn the most efficient way of identifying expertise quickly. This is a fast-paced, client facing, communication-intense role with a clear focus on effectiveness and revenue generation.
Once you excel at the core delivery requirements of the client service role, you will take on additional responsibilities, including overall project management, client relationship management, and coaching of junior colleagues. You will receive intensive on-and-off-the-desk training along the core dimensions it takes to become a self-sufficient commercial leader, including account management, business development, negotiation, leadership, recruitment, and talent development. You should aim to be successfully running your own team and book of business within four years from joining us.
What We're Looking For
This is a position for an emotionally intelligent individual who enjoys connecting with people, is an exemplar of professionalism, and is highly motivated by exceeding targets. Our most successful people embrace a "whatever-it-takes" mantra and relish the opportunity to roll up their sleeves to achieve their goals.
- Career maturity and alignment: Clarity about direction, committed to getting there and aware of how AlphaSights fits with your journey
- Commercial drive: Seeking to develop sales and negotiation skills as well as the rewards for commercial success
- Innate self-confidence: Ability to thrive in an environment that at times can be volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA)
- Teamwork: People-oriented, emotionally intelligent individuals
- Can-do attitude: Passion for making a tangible impact
- Excellent communication skills: Confidence and poise to initiate conversations with senior executives in diverse markets and functions
- 1-3 years' work experience, typically gained in a non-business environment
- A deep-seated conviction that you now want to embark on a career in business
- Strong academic credentials, including a minimum of GPA 3.3 (or equivalent) and 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent) in any discipline
- Fluency in Mandarin and English is essential
Meet Some of AlphaSights's Employees
Together with his team, James is responsible for understanding his consulting clients’ needs, executing a sound search strategy for clients, and connecting them to the industry experts they need.
Back to top