Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Since 2008, AlphaSights has pioneered a faster, better way for professionals to access highly specific business knowledge. We help our clients discover precisely the knowledge they need quickly and effectively, enabling confident decision-making and eliminating the need for slow market research or costly consultancy engagements.
Seamless global teamwork across our offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, Seoul and Hong Kong allows us to rapidly deliver on the most challenging client demands effectively, confidentially and across all industry sectors and geographies.
We are successful – regularly ranked as one of the fastest growing companies in the world – but will only continue to succeed if we deliver excellence day in, and day out. The next stage of our growth centers on building an industry-leading, global corporate business.
As a key member of AlphaSights' nascent Corporate business segment, your role is to win business. Operating on the frontline, you will design and execute your own sales strategy to help launch the AlphaSights value proposition into new markets. Your audience consists of senior-level corporate decision makers at some of the most impressive companies in Europe.
To be successful in the role, you must combine the ability to intelligently and systematically map your prospective client universe and research individual companies using first class communication, negotiation, and storytelling skills. This is a fast-paced, client-facing, and communication-intense role with a clear focus on revenue generation. Your personal success is clearly and directly linked to the success of the corporate business unit within AlphaSights.
What We're Looking For
This is a position for an emotionally intelligent individual who enjoys connecting with people, is an exemplar of professionalism, and is highly motivated by exceeding targets. Our most successful people embrace a "whatever-it-takes" mantra and relish the opportunity to roll up their sleeves to achieve their goals.
- Career maturity and alignment: Clarity about direction, committed to getting there and aware of how AlphaSights fits with your journey
- Commercial drive: Seeking to develop sales and negotiation skills as well as the rewards for commercial success
- Innate self-confidence and ability to thrive in a very autonomous, and sometimes uncertain environment
- Can-do attitude: Passion for making a tangible impact
- Excellent communication skills: Confidence and poise to initiate conversations with senior executives in diverse markets and functions
- 2-4 years' work experience, preferably gained in a demanding, high-growth environment (sales experience is not essential)
- A deep-seated conviction to embark on a career in business, specifically within the business development realm
- Strong academic credentials, and noteworthy extracurricular leadership
- Fluency in another European language would be helpful, but is not essential
- Travel ~25% of the time
Meet Some of AlphaSights's Employees
Together with his team, James is responsible for understanding his consulting clients’ needs, executing a sound search strategy for clients, and connecting them to the industry experts they need.
Back to top