Associate Programme - Graduate Intake 2017
Fast-paced, communication-intense role with a clear focus on effectiveness and revenue generation.
On this two-year Graduate Programme, as a member of our client service team, you will be acting as the intermediary between our clients on one side, and targeted industry experts on the other. Your role is to focus on our clients' knowledge gaps and define the specialist knowledge required to address them. You then research companies and industries in order to identify and engage leading subject-matter specialists, using sound judgment to qualify their expertise based on the project in question, and connect them with our clients in real-time. Although there is no typical day, there are often many projects running concurrently and our teams have to learn the most efficient way of identifying expertise quickly.
Once you excel at the core delivery requirements of the client service role, you will take on additional responsibilities, including overall project management, client relationship management, and coaching of junior colleagues. You will receive intensive on-and-off-the-desk training along the core dimensions it takes to become a self-sufficient commercial leader, including account management, business development, negotiation, leadership, recruitment, and talent development.
Your Career Path at AlphaSights
Learn about what lies beyond the Associate Programme here.
What We Look For
This is a position for someone with high emotional intelligence who enjoys connecting with people, is an exemplar of professionalism, and is highly motivated by exceeding targets. Our most successful people embrace a "whatever-it-takes" mantra and relish the opportunity to roll up their sleeves to achieve their goals.
- Commercially driven: strong negotiation skills and business acumen
- Confident: able to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- People-oriented: emotionally intelligent team player with a can-do attitude
- Strong communicator: able to initiate conversations with professionals across seniority levels, geographies and industries
- Career clarity: good understanding of career direction and awareness of how the Associate Programme fits with your goals
- Strong academic credentials, including a minimum of 320 UCAS points (or equivalent) and 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent) in any discipline
- Evidenced success in a professional and/or extracurricular field
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in an additional European language is a plus
- This is an entry level role, best suited to 2016 and 2017 graduates
- We are only able to sponsor visas where there is a strong business case e.g. native level fluency in a second European language.
The AlphaSights recruitment process typically lasts 4-6 weeks. It is important that you read up about the company before applying and that you are ready to commit to the recruitment process. Here's how it works:
1) Online CV application
2) Application materials - a link to complete motivational statements and a video assessment will be sent to you immediately. Please contact us if you do not receive this email. You will then have 7 days to submit your application materials. (find out more about our video assessment stage here).
3) First round interview - you should expect to hear whether you have reached the interview stage within 14 days of submitting your online application materials.
4) Case study interview
5) Senior Management interview
You will always hear back from the team whether successful or not so make sure you check your spam folder if you have not received a response within a reasonable timeframe.
We recruit on a rolling basis for this role.
Meet Some of AlphaSights's Employees
Together with his team, James is responsible for understanding his consulting clients’ needs, executing a sound search strategy for clients, and connecting them to the industry experts they need.
Back to top