Senior Systems Engineer
The full-time Senior Systems Engineer position within our client services team is geared toward technically brilliant individuals who have a command for leading technology efforts. This individual must have a pleasant personality with great presentation. Leadership skills, technical advisor to our clients and ability to directly resolve issues both timely and effectively is necessary. The individual must work well with others and be very reliable. The position requires the ability to successfully manage, implement and support all technologies in our market space while managing several of our client’s expectations as well as internal management’s demands.
Client satisfaction is our primary objective; all available positions require EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION, project effectiveness, self-management and strong people skills. A self-starter with positive attitude, rigorous work habits and professionalism in the work place are a must. Strong analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and multi-tasking skills are necessary.
Technical account leadership, general project installations, proactive maintenance and administration of Servers collaboration tools, virtualization technologies, storage infrastructure, workstations, networks equipment, business applications, disaster recovery and other infrastructure components while minimizing the impact on the client.
Engineers will work from out NYC office and on occasion may work at the client’s sites as well when needed. Engineers are expected to provide daily justification of time spent for client work and must allocate a minimum of 75% of their time to billable work including after hours on call support for escalation of client issues.
Engineers will be supporting the daily technical needs for Alphaserve clientele and developing a relationship as a technical advisor. Do to the nature of the industry the Sr. Systems Engineer is expect to be on a call and available for projects work conducted after normal business hours. Superior knowledge and ownership of our client’s hardware, software products and platforms are expected.
The position requires all levels experience on several technologies, most importantly these are respective skills required:
- Microsoft Certified with implementation and support experience in:
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008 & 2012 Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO, DFS
- Windows XP through Windows 8 implementation
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 –through 2013
- Virtualization Technologies implementation and support experience in:
- Citrix Xenapp, Netscaler and Xendesktop implementation experience is necessary
- VMware Infrastructure 4 (Vmware Horizon View is a plus)
- Mobile Device Management Implementation experience (BES, other)
- VPN, RSA and other security Implementation and Troubleshooting
- Financial systems experience: Bloomberg, OMS Systems
- Disaster Recovery Replication Solutions Implementation: Server, SAN and VM Replication
- Hosted Mail and Archiving Solutions Administration: Postini, Global Relay, Messagelabs*
- Backup Solutions Administration: Backup Exec and Evault, other
- SAN Connectivity and Administration: EMC, Netapp, other
- Documentation and Visio proficiency
Additional technologies supported (would be a plus to know):
- Cisco Certified: Routers and Switches, ASA Firewalls
- Cisco Unified Communication
- Wireless Networking
- Document Management Systems (iManage, Sharepoint)
Level: Senior Level
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Minimum 4 years of consulting experience in IT services, specifically in the Financial Industry
BS Degree in CS, IS or similar
Fluency in English, both written and verbal, are required
About the company
We advise, deploy and manage optimal and efficient information technology (IT) models to lower our clients’ operational costs. Our “IT-as-a-service” scientific methodology is designed to easily and efficiently scale to meet the needs of any size organization and deliver a clear path to profit.
Alphaserve Technologies offers all full-time employees benefits including health, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, vacation, sick/personal days. The Company also has a 401(K) plan.
Back to top