Network Service Desk Engineer - Level 1
The Network Service Desk Engineer will be part of the Managed Services team that provides 24x7 monitoring, operations and support services. The successful candidate should be a self-starter, who will proactively find and address issues and will become a leader within the Service Desk. The individual must be comfortable working in a very fast paced, busy environment in the rapidly growing monitoring & managed services industry.
- Network monitoring and utilization reporting
- Create tickets using ticketing procedures and follow escalation procedures
- Handle direct customer calls and raise tickets
- Incident validation - Alarm verification (i.e. log into devices once an alarm is received to ensure it’s not a false positive)
- Collect vital stats on each device (differs by device) and provide reporting
- Troubleshooting of basic LAN/WAN issues including switching, routing, VLAN, trunking
- Open cases with 3rd party vendors (ISP, Cisco TAC, Palo Alto)
- Ticket follow up
- Escalate complex issues to Level 2/3 resources
- Diagnose issues on routers/switches/gateways/firewalls etc.
- Coordinate with ISPs and vendors on bandwidth and hardware issues
- Perform upgrades and maintenance of network devices
The Support Engineer will be a professional with at least 1-3 years of network monitoring and support experience. Candidates must be able to work weeknights and weekends with minimal supervision. In this role, it is important to communicate effectively with all levels of technical and managerial staff and to recognize a problem and correct it before it escalates. Individual must have good phone communication skills, the ability to effectively interface with clients, have technical writing skills for documentation purposes and a strong sense of responsibility to meet schedule requirements and support clients.
Required Skills and Education:
Cisco/TCP/IP knowledge and basic knowledge of routing and troubleshooting
Cisco CCNA is required
Bachelor’s Degree Desired
Palo Alto, Riverbed experience
Experience with Servers, routers, switches, hubs, firewalls and networking equipment
Experience with MPLS, Frame Relay, T1, and DSL
Experience with Windows 2003/2008 and Internet troubleshooting skills
Understanding of Virtual Private Networks
Previous Experience working in a Network Operations Center is strongly desired.
Experience with CA Spectrum or other enterprise management systems is desired
Strong Communication Skills
Team work ability
Connectivity (VPN,T1, DS3, MPLS, DSL, BGP)
Back to top