Client Services Systems Engineer
Alphaserve provides IT consulting services. Our solutions address the unique requirements of specialized markets, including law firms, hedge funds, alternative investment, and wealth management companies.
The full time consultant position is open to mid-level engineers seeking a position that will support several of our clients systems. Client satisfaction is our primary objective; all available positions are customer facing requiring EXCELLENT communication and people skills. A positive attitude, rigorous work habits and professionalism in the work place are a must. Strong analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills are necessary. Fluency in English, both written and verbal are required.
Responsibilities include general installation, proactive maintenance and administration of servers, workstations, networks equipment and other infrastructure components while minimizing the impact on the client. Support engineers will either work at client sites when needed or remotely from our NYC office and function as escalation points for the helpdesk and NOC.
Engineers are expected to provide daily justification of time spent for client work and must allocate a minimum of 75% of their time to billable work including after hours on call support for escalation of client issues.
Engineers will be supporting the daily technical needs for Alphaserve clientele and developing a relationship as their technical advisor. Superior knowledge of hardware, software products and platforms is expected. The position requires all levels of support on several technologies, most importantly;
Minimum 3 years of consulting and IT services, specifically in the Financial industry
- BS Degree in CS, IS or similar.
- Microsoft and or Cisco Certification
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008 Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO, DFS
- Windows XP & Vista Operating Systems & Windows 7
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 & 2007
- Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.0 and above
- Citrix Xenapp 4.5 and above
- Financial systems experience: Bloomberg, OMS Systems,
- Routers and Switches
- ASA Firewalls
- Servers and Desktop Hardware: HP, Dell, etc
- Disaster Recovery Replication Solutions: Doubletake, EMC Replistor, etc
- VMware Infrastructure 3 and above
- Hosted Mail Solutions: Postini, Global Relay, Messagelabs*
- Backup Solutions: Backup Exec and EVault
- VPN Troubleshooting
- Wireless Networking
Additional technologies supported (Would be a plus to know):
- Cisco Unified Communication
- SAN: EMC, Netapp
- Document Management Systems (iManage, Sharepoint)
About the company:
We advise, deploy and manage optimal and efficient information technology (IT) models to lower our clients’ operational costs. Our “IT-as-a-service” scientific methodology is designed to easily and efficiently scale to meet the needs of any size organization and deliver a clear path to profit.
Back to top