z/OS Automation Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The z/OS Automation Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing automation solutions to support the overall operation of the mainframe platform. This role requires the ability to effectively consult with the platform engineering and operations teams and leverage System Automation, NetView and automation scripting to support their needs. A significant accountability of this role is supporting the automation and scripting required for the Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex (GDPS) product to function effectively. Troubleshooting and diagnosing issues with existing automation processes is also a key aspect of this position.
• Analyze and provide consultation on automation requests
• Develop and implement sustainable and repeatable automation solutions
• Perform policy updates, builds and deployments
• Develop and support automation procedures to support GDPS
• Develop new automation procedures for daily/routine tasks
• Provide support for existing ISPF/TSO workstations
• Maintaining existing automation policies and tables
• Perform problem determination and resolution for automation issues
• Administering NetView user access
• Provide rotating on call support and off hours support as necessary
• 10 - 12 years engineering level experience in a complex z/OS environment, with an emphasis in system automation
• Advanced knowledge of Tivoli System Automation and NetView products
• Advanced knowledge of mainframe monitoring and automaton concepts and practices
• Extensive experience using REXX
• Experience with GDPS functionality, automation, scripting, control, and testing
• Proficiency with JCL, TSO, ISPF and SDSF
• Experience with ISPF/TSO workstations
• Experience in automated message handling and suppression
• Experience in automating multi-LPAR environments
• Strong problem determination, analysis and resolution skills
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration and team skills
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top