Vulnerability Management Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Vulnerability Management Analyst will ensure continuous vulnerability lifecycle management within the Allstate environment including monitoring, collection, reporting, and assessment of impact for vulnerability related data from vendors and internal sources. This candidate must form strong partnerships with technical teams and provide strategy and prioritization to control vulnerabilities in the environment in a timely and effective manner.
- Perform as a vulnerability management SME in one or more of the following areas: Microsoft platform (Server, workstation, applications), Open Systems platforms (Linux, UNIX, VM Ware ESX), Java, Adobe, Web Application, Java web app virtualization platforms (e.g. WebSphere), Networking, Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, IMS), and others.
- Have the ability to understand and develop enterprise policy and technical standards with specific regard to vulnerability management and secure configuration.
- Be able to successfully partner with other security and IT professionals to assess potential impact from vulnerabilities specific to Allstate's environment, and determine and implement mitigating controls.
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate vulnerabilities and reduce potential impacts on information resources to a level acceptable to the senior management of the company.
- Build strong partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for managing vulnerabilities in an agile manner and within cloud solutions.
- Ability to fully understand business requirements and work with them to define appropriate solutions security objectives while meeting the business need.
- Be a champion for vulnerability management and information security including broadening awareness and use of the team's services, education of security best practices and integration with other business areas.
- Providing mentorship and support to teammates with regard to vulnerability assessment, communication/rapport with other divisions and various levels of leadership, technical expertise, and career development.
- Develop and improve KPIs, metrics, and trending for vulnerability management functions.
- Participate and lead new projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree or equivalent in Information Security, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years experience in information security field.
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices and vulnerability management processes including compliance reporting.
- Advanced experience with vended security tools (Qualys, Naxpose, Openvas, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of IT security best practices including operating systems(Windows, Unix, Linux), end-user application, and network security.
- Demonstrate knowledge of networking concepts and devices (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, etc).
- Knowledge of PCI, HIPAA, ISO, NIST, and IT Controls.
- Experience working in very large enterprise environment with diverse teams.
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance needed
- Demonstrate ability to stay abreast securing evolving technology such as cloud and mobile computing.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross functional teams, including offsite, remote and offshore resources
- CISSP, GCIH, GPEN, or other industry certification or expected completion of certification within 1 year of hire.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
Back to top