VSC Claims Adjusting Specialist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Corporation is the largest publicly held personal lines property and casualty insurer in America, serving more than 16 million households nationwide. Founded in 1931, Allstate has been dedicated to protecting our customers from life's uncertainties and preparing them for the future for more than 85 years. Allstate became a publicly traded company in 1993, and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol ALL. As of year-end 2015, Allstate had nearly $104.7 billion in total assets.
The VSC Claims Department is a claim call center for Agents, Customers and Repair Facilities. Information gathered is documented to support claim adjudication and payment actions for VSC and Ancillary F&I products offered by ADS. Meeting customer service level metrics, accurate adjudication and timely payment are the primary goals.
The Associate Claim Adjuster is an intermediate level resource tasked with adjudicating intermediate VSC mechanical claims ($2,500 or less) in accordance with established quality and timeliness guidelines.
- Maintains positive customer relationships by exhibiting a courteous and professional demeanor in all communication with customers, dealers and agents, as well as internal employees.
- Accurately documents information in timely and efficient manner per departmental procedures
- With minimal supervision, determines coverage, liability and damages
- Determines the value of a basic and intermediate claims and negotiates their settlement
- Documents the claim file with notes, evaluations, and decision elements
- Completes other tasks as directed by management
- 5+ years of automotive repair facility experience as a technician, service advisor, parts or warranty specialist or service management
- Knowledge of automotive repair techniques
- Automotive technical school certification or degree preferred
- ASE certifications preferred
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing extremely fast paced environment
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills to include experience with Word and Excel
- Ability to learn new computer programs and department processes
- Ability to work rotating Saturdays
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top