Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This role will provide strategic and operational leadership relating to the development, implementation and administration of Allstate's Enterprise Operational Risk Return Management (ORRM) program in support of Allstate's enterprise risk and return management and decision making culture. This role will report directly to the Enterprise CRO and have significant and meaningful interaction with leaders of key operational risk areas and senior executives throughout the enterprise.
This role is accountable for effectively acting as a liaison and collaborating with departments and businesses that have ownership for execution and implementation of operational risk strategies and frameworks, specific responsibilities for the VP, ERRM Operational Risk:
- Serve as chairperson of the Operational Risk Council (ORC) and actively participate with Allstate's broader risk function as a member of the Financial Risk Council;
- Partner with the Enterprise CRO in leadership capacity to advance the ORRM program maturity;
- Create leadership alignment through influence and collaboration across the Corporation to execute operational risk programs and implement our framework, including enrollment of key stakeholders, communication, development and measurement;
- Establish and maintain standards and guidelines for management of operational risk;
- Provide leadership and training to embedded operational risk resources (Operational Risk Experts "OREs", Operational Risk Generalists "ORGs") to drive consistent execution;
- Enterprise leadership, coordination and management of several operational risk categories;
- Support the Chief Risk Officer and other senior leaders in providing input and feedback on critical projects;
- Bring operational risk perspective to enterprise and business unit specific cross-functional team projects and assignments;
- Drive project management effectiveness through the design, development, communication, and implementation phases of key deliverables;
- Foster an environment of high performance, accountability, customer focus, leadership, integrity and compliance;
- Create a strong development-focused culture within Risk Management
- A minimum of 10+ years of demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility in a risk management in a financial services, insurance, reinsurance or brokerage firm
- Proven risk leader with expertise gained within a financial services organization
- Ability to develop and execute upon a risk management vision
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to influence with a highly collaborative, matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify potential issues, and to proactively work to the migration of those issues
- Solid knowledge and understanding of mathematical modeling and research
- Advance ability to apply analytical skills and techniques to reach, analyze and synthesize, and integrate data /information
- Proven track record of inspiring and developing employees
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment and accountability while making sound decision and achieving goals
- BA or BS in Finance or Economics; MBA preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top