VP-ERRM-Financial Risk & Measurement
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This role will provide strategic and operational leadership relating to the development and administration of risk and return management and measurement capabilities that support Allstate's risk-return decision making culture. This role will report directly to the Enterprise CRO and have significant and meaningful interaction with senior executives throughout the risk organization and enterprise more broadly.
The Vice President - ERRM Financial Risk and Measurement will enhance, enable and monitor a strong risk management program while enhancing and supporting measurement for use in enterprise risk-return decision making. Specific responsibilities for the VP, ERRM Financial Risk & Measurement include:
- Actively participate within Allstate's broader risk function; including membership on the Financial Risk Council
- Support the Enterprise Chief Risk Officer and other senior leaders in evaluating, quantifying and communicating changes in risk profile
- Establish and sustain risk measurement center of excellence ("COE") and implementing measurement science standards and practices for all risk areas (Insurance, Investment, Financial, Operational and Strategic)
- Establish and develop enterprise measurements for operational risk
- Provide oversight of the Economic Capital framework and Return on Economic Capital ("ROEC") metrics
- Develop and maintain enterprise stress testing capabilities
- Oversee the management, measurement and monitoring of enterprise financial risk
- Design and develop liquidity measurement and stress testing
- Provide enterprise perspective on measurement and monitoring of pension risk
- Influence and support M&A risk assessments and capital modeling (economic and rating agency capital impact and synergies)
- Lead teams and provide technical resources to support internal model validations
- Partner closely with legal and treasury to monitor industry developments of US and international Insurance Capital Standards
- Foster an environment of high performance, accountability, customer focus, leadership, integrity and compliance
- Create and maintain a strong culture of talent development within Risk Management
- A minimum of 10+ years of demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility in a risk management, financial services, insurance, reinsurance or brokerage firm
- Economic Capital and modeling experience strongly preferred
- Proven risk leader with expertise gained within a financial services organization
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to influence with a highly collaborative, matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify potential issues and to proactively work to the migration of those issues
- Solid knowledge and understanding of mathematical modeling and research
- Advance ability to apply analytical skills and techniques to reach, analyze and synthesize, and integrate data /information
- Proven track record of inspiring and developing employees
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals
- BA or BS in Finance or Economics; MBA preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top