VP - National Accounts Sales
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Allstate Benefit Sales build relationships with Agents and Brokers across the country and support them, which contributes to premium growth for Allstate Benefits in the voluntary market.
This position is responsible for recruiting and contracting blue chip and large brokers to market to large employer accounts of more than 1000 employees. Seek strategic alliances with insurance companies, banks, credit unions, associations and affinity groups to compete in the strategic designer space for workplace products.
- The principal areas of concentration include: recruiting new producers (blue chip and large brokers), sales production from Workplace products, achievement of premium growth objectives, and meeting electronic enrollment goals.
- Makes qualified calls on groups with blue chip and large brokers.
- Stays current on sales and marketing techniques and on changes in state and federal law that affect our sales efforts and industry in general.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with Workplace Sales Support, Underwriting, Compliance, Policyholder Services, Premium Administration, ITS, Commission Accounting, Home Office Personnel and Allstate Field Management.
- Meet or exceed assigned production plan.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and develop brokers throughout the territory.
- Contribute to effective relationships between the brokers and Home Office departments.
- Analyze specialized markets, formulate recruiting programs, and implement effective marketing programs to secure brokers who will effectively produce quality premiums for AWD in its various markets.
- Work with brokers to help bring value to their existing book of business and develop new opportunities.
- Provide feedback on changes in the marketplace.
- Implement and support corporate strategy and 8-2-5 Marketing Plan.
- Control and manage expenses to Company standards.
- Terminate non-producers according to Company standards.
- Meet or exceed electronic enrollment goals.
- Advanced knowledge of individual and group products as well as Payroll Allotment and Section 125
- Strong sales, communication and relationship building skills
- At least 5 years of previous experience in the recruitment and management of an insurance sales force
- Experience working with large national accounts preferred
- College degree
- Professional designations, such as CLU and ChFC are desired. If not completed, you should actively pursue completion of one of these designations
- Strong work ethic
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top