Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Voice Engineer (VE) will be part of the Allstate Roadside Services (ARS) Telecom and team. The Voice Engineer (VE) is responsible for researching, designing, building, testing, deploying, analyzing, administering, and maintaining the enterprise Voice environment, including hardware and software components, to meet current and future business needs. This includes enabling the monitors and controls of the performance and status of enterprise Voice environment technology components, and providing operational voice technology component & solution support and problem resolution.
The VE manages and plans efforts to research, design, plan and maintain new or existing voice hardware and software technology components. The VE utilizes proven systems & infrastructure, scripting, and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware and software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution. The role also reviews, and ensures updates are made to the configuration management plan, and are in alignment with Voice Technology Architectural and Support standards.
The VE is specifically knowledgeable in enterprise voice technologies including VoIP, Enhanced Call Routing, CTI, IVR, Call Recording and Analytics, WFM, TDM/VoIP/SIP Trunking, PBX hardware, and Voice Technology Management tools and systems. S/he will also have some knowledge of industry trends in voice technology, and have some understanding of the interaction between voice and other technologies including Network, Windows, Storage, UNIX, SQL, Oracle, Citrix, and VMWare. The VE Lead Consultant understands voice technology standards, and is able to apply them in support of business needs within the Allstate environment.
- Support the team by providing a high-level of engineering experience in both critical situations and day-to-day operations.
- Leverage a high level of knowledge with all voice infrastructure components, how they interact as well as how they relate to other services and platforms provided by Allstate.
- Applies knowledge of call center operational dynamics as it relates to design and implementation of Voice Infrastructure, ACD (Automatic Call Distribution), CTI (Computer Telephony Integration), and Session Manager Routing utilizing industry solutions to solve call center related issues.
- Design and develop new offerings for infrastructure solutions supporting the global call center infrastructure and network telecommunications footprint.
- Design and Implement Avaya IP Telephony infrastructure and functional solutions by translating business requirements into project plans through implementation of Avaya IP Telephony solutions including Avaya Communications Manager, Avaya Session Manager, Avaya Gateways, Avaya Voice Portal, Application Enablement Services and Avaya Interaction Center.
- Develop requirements, engineer and manage all phases of a project including design, implementation and support, including extensive troubleshooting of the systems and coaching of junior support resources on a skills or shift basis.
- Participates, as a key member of the Telecommunications team, in the design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and monitoring of core services required for VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) deployments including QOS (Quality of Service), COS (Class Of Service) VLAN's (Virtual Local Area Network), SBC's (Session Border Controller) and SIP (Session Initiated Protocol) Carrier Services.
- Provide support and leadership for customer issues within the team and coordinate third party vendor interaction, including Network Operation Center partners to ensure prompt and professional resolution. Analyze and resolve complex voice issues in day-to-day and critical situations down to root cause.
- Prepares documentation and supports training and user orientation for clients detailing configuration of proposed and deployed solutions.
- Actively participate in required implementation and support situations ("on-call", including nights and weekends).
Education: College degree or equivalent work experience; 5+ years of related experience;
- ComTIA CTP+
- ACE (Avaya Certified Expert)
- Cisco CNA
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top