Voice of Customer Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Translates empirical data into insights and leverages that data to empower client groups to develop country-wide process improvements that will positively impact the overall customer experience and improve retention. Participates in consultations with key "customers" and helps them develop trust, comfort, understanding, and willingness to take action with customer sentiment and operational performance data.
This team develops and oversees the voice of customer (VOC) ecosystem. This team is accountable to monitor and understand external best practices and emerging techniques to obtain customer sentiment and behavior data related to their experiences with the company. Using this information, this team will build a robust ecosystem to understand and monitor customer experiences across the company without overburdening the customer. The insights derived from this ecosystem will enable the organization to become more customer centric by improving our processes, products and experiences that our customers have, and thus, must be actionable.
This individual will lead all aspects of the VOC ecosystem including developing future state vision, migration towards future state, program implementation and maintenance, vendor selection, and vendor management.
In addition, this individual will drive the development and management of the Voice of Customer community of practice. The design and deployment of a cross-functional community that will bring together research, analysis and insights related to customers and consumers across the company to enable holistic insights to guide, shape and inform efforts. This will require strong collaborative skills working across boundaries (MARA, D3, UXR, etc.)
This position leverages the knowledge and skills of managers and teams of professionals inside and outside of the department. Their decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives. This position is responsible for guiding, coaching, influencing, and collaborating with partners at all levels across the enterprise.
- Has prior experience managing VOC programs or data collection instruments (surveys, etc)
- Is extremely organized and detail oriented - can manage multiple programs at a time
- Has a proven track record of leading and influencing stakeholders of all levels
- Embraces experimentation: ideating and prototyping to develop fresh, innovative solutions
- Can remain flexible to changing priorities and thrives in ambiguity
- Is engaged from the start, takes initiative and maintains high degree of urgency - motivated, passionate and energetic!
- Doesn't wait for perfect clarity to take action - must be willing to fail fast and learn along the journey
- Presents insights from complex analyses in easy-to-understand summaries (decks, presentations, training materials, etc.), quickly moving the audience toward action
- Plans, implements, manages, and/or sponsors large scale key initiatives
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Challenges accepted ways of operating to drive innovation and continuous improvement
- Promotes idea generation from analytical and reporting data
- Supports, develops, and manages the VOC ecosystem (current state and future state)
- Manages VOC programs - identifies gaps in the VOC ecosystem, creates new programs, maintains existing programs
- Assists in designing, developing and deploying a VOC Community of Practice
- External research on emerging trends around VOC - integration back into Allstate
- Vendor management (RFP, SOW, and performance / capabilities assessments)
- Engages in discovery/test & learn activities to improve instrument response rates
- Provides thought leadership and strategic consulting to stakeholders across the organization
- Delivers concise and well-articulated presentations outlining insights and recommendations for improving customer experiences
- Responsible for working closely with key stakeholders and partners around the globe, building and nurturing strong relationships to understand priorities and challenges and collaboratively advance work
- Actively participates in our learning culture; including coaching and mentoring peers and stakeholders to achieve personal growth and business results.
- Professional with strong organizational, communication, technical skills, and superior ethical standards
- Strong discipline and industry experience
- Strong ability to analyze data and apply it to complex problem resolution
- Serves as a subject matter expert for loyalty (customer experience and retention)
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize, and create alignment and buy in from clients and direct reports
- Demonstrated clear, concise and highly effective oral and written communication skills
- 8+ years of experience in the use of managing customer feedback
- 8+ years of program management
- 8+ years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelors Degree preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top