Video Management System Specialist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Allstate Physical Security mitigates risk in the work environment and provides for a safe and secure workplace throughout the enterprise.
The Network Video Management System (VMS) Specialist is responsible for the administration of the Genetec Security Center network VMS and the associated devices across the Allstate enterprise. This includes the configuration of servers and field equipment, maintenance of the system directory database and device configuration and maintaining the overall availability and ongoing maintenance and upgrade of this system.
- Manage the short term and long term operational performance of the Genetec Security Center network VMS and its supporting devices (e.g. cameras and storage).
- Act as system administrator of the Genetec Security Center network VMS.
- Maintain the necessary certifications, across the system's capabilities to optimize overall system performance and functionality.
- Work with the Physical Access Control System (PACS) Manager to optimize the integration of the PACS with the network VMS.
- Work with Genetec and other system vendors (e.g. cameras, storage) to understand and provide input into the product roadmap so that its functionality best meets Allstate's short and long term needs.
- Generate reports as necessary to support the Physical Security System Manager and Allstate business objectives in general.
- Maintain the system functionality within the Global Security Command Center (GSCC) and other locations.
- Maintain and update the system configuration as necessary and as directed by the Physical Security System Manager.
- Verify NVMS is properly archiving as per Allstate guidelines.
- Work to optimize use of network bandwidth and storage while meeting operational requirements.
- Provide input into camera location and ability of camera images to meet operational requirements.
- Commitment to ongoing training and support.
- 2-3 years of experience in a physical security systems integration, physical security systems including video surveillance or security technology/administrator role
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge and strong aptitude with physical security systems, and certification in Genetec System Center and Omnicast.
- Working knowledge of surveillance cameras and video transmission protocols.
- Working knowledge of transport layer protocol and internet protocol (TCP/IP) communications.
- Working knowledge of digital certificates, public key infrastructure and transport layer security desirable.
- Working knowledge of networking, personal computers, Windows® operating systems, MS Office, and internet protocol.
- Experience and knowledge of Allstate information technology tools including SharePoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage and support other system users.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, problem solve and participate in cross-functional teams.
- Ability for limited travel is required.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, criminal justice or related field desirable.
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top