Vault DevOps Engineer
- Manhattan, NY
At Allstate Northern Ireland, we believe it's more than just a job. We believe in allowing our people to choose the direction of their careers. It's about you, your future and where you want to get to.
Opportunity is the hallmark of the Allstate career experience. We invest heavily in our employees, offering long term career development, personal growth and investment in new technologies. Every day is different, with new ideas, challenges, and rewards - no matter which team you join.
We believe that inclusive diversity is crucial to creating a culture of mutual respect where the strengths and talents of each individual are recognised. We like to leave things better than we found them and deliver results. We do all of this while having fun and exploring personal passions.
Join our team and you'll find challenge and reward in a culture of innovation, support and balance.
Belfast / Derry / Londonderry / Strabane
Your role in the team
As Vault DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for Vault technology, Vault policy and integrating Vault with applications. In this role you will provide consultation to application teams and develop automation around Vault itself to create and configure new secrets engines and policies. The Vault DevOps Engineer will support the deployment, integration, and automation of HashiCorp Vault and will work closely with DevOps, cloud infrastructure architects and engineers to design, implement and manage secure, scalable, and reliable cloud infrastructure environments. In building cloud security solutions, you will balance the need for speed and flexibility of cloud infrastructure and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS applications with the need to protect Allstate against existing and potential security threats. This role requires the ability to understand and synthesize radical ideas, the aptitude to understand new security strategies and the tenacity to get the job done. The ideal candidate will have worked with a wide range of continuous delivery and DevOps tools and technologies.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats and assess the overall security risks to the system
- Perform system vulnerability scanning using approved software tools and ability to automate
- Understand software installations, systems monitoring and troubleshooting, account management, and overall efforts to minimize system downtime
- Have an understanding of DevOps ideologies with the ability to drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization
- Developing, maintaining self-service GIT based solution that allows teams to configure and manage their private namespaces
- Have knowledge of API calls for Cloud API, Vault API and Apigee
- Build out secrets engine features i.e. Transit, Database, Active Directory
- Engineering, deploying, configuring Vault utilizing secure pipelines and terraform
- Developing custom vault plugins as required
- Help customers onboard to Vault via email support, Microsoft Teams support, and consultation calls
- Support and troubleshoot any vault issues, upgrades and patching
- Provide automation solutions and documentation to developers, software engineers and technical personnel
- Create and maintain Jenkins pipelines for creating new namespaces, AppRole authentication, and AWS authentication
- Maintain Vault product documentation written with markdown on a GitHub repo
- Maintain bash scripts for LDAP system account rotation
- Partner with other DevOps application teams that integrate with Vault.
So, what are the essential criteria to apply?
- 4+ years Software Development experience
- 2+ years' experience managing Linux environments (or any variant of Unix)
- Experience managing public Cloud infrastructure
- Experience managing shared, multi-tenant services.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools
- Good understanding of how applications consume secrets
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Basic Understanding of Identity Management
- "Infrastructure as Code" (IaC) experience.
- Must be a UK/RoI/EU citizen or possess a current UK visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
We also have some desirable criteria
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology or other related discipline
- Experience with System/Service Monitoring tools such as Kibana, Splunk, etc
- 2 + years' experience as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development environments.
- HashiCorp Vault development expertise
- Jenkins, Python, Java, shell scripting experience
- Experience with creation and management of virtual infrastructure on-premise, AWS and PCF.
- Experience with automating deployment, scaling and management of Container applications - Docker/Kubernetes
What we offer
As Digital DNA's Workplace of the Year 2020 winners, we offer a generous benefits package that includes flexible annual leave entitlement, dental and healthcare insurance, an attractive pension package and discounts on gym memberships, public transport and parking.
Allstate invests heavily in your development, as an employee you will have access to multiple world-class learning platforms and courses from our award-winning in-house Learning & Development team.
We pride ourselves in providing clear career paths and opportunities for internal mobility allowing you to further develop within the organisation.
We encourage a better work life balance and you'll have the opportunity to apply for various flexible working arrangements.
Closing Date: Friday 2 nd October 2020
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.
Back to top