Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The User Experience (UX) Research team is part of MARA, a group within marketing that includes a variety of consumer insights, analytics, and competitive intelligence disciplines. UX Research serves as the connection point between market & consumer research and the User Experience (UX) organization, a multi-disciplinary services group made up of researchers, strategists, information architects, visual designers, content strategists, UI engineers, and product designers that come together to design delightful experiences for Allstate customers and agency staff.
UX Research brings visibility to end-user needs and goals through creative design of data collection and analysis methods, coupled with socialization techniques that engage stakeholders in empathy building and drive the uptake and application of user research findings.
UX Research performs descriptive, generative, and evaluative research as business and design needs dictate according to the phases of product development.
- Create estimates and project plans related to UX research efforts for moderately complex projects
- Independently perform research to gather end-user requirements
- Create journey maps, user profiles, user scenarios and research objectives, aligned with project and business goals
- Identify and improve upon process inefficiencies through applied measurement
- Independently plan, conduct and facilitate iterative evaluations of user-interface designs (usability testing, mock-up interviews, heuristic reviews, qualitative and quantitative measures)
- Assist in defining and refining UX research processes and promote the importance of such activities to ensure execution
- Partner with other research teams, such as analytics and market research to create and execute an overall strategy
3-5 years of relevant experience within a research function required.
- Four year degree, Master's desired, in Human Factors/Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental/Social Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field, or combined education and equivalent work experience
- Ability to work both independently and within a team in the same location or in a remote setting when needed
- Experience applying various research methods within different product development models
- Ability to exhibit an understanding of all the activities involved in the Usability testing process
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing of usability tests
- Knowledge of when to apply the right methodology based on business objectives and user needs
- Experience conducting heuristic reviews for moderate to complex applications
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to quickly build rapport and establish credibility, thrives in collaborative work
- Experience with working in the insurance claims area or other related areas is a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics, Web Trends, UserZoom, and other usability and analytical software tools is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top