UX Portfolio Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The User Experience and Design (UX&D) organization is a multi-disciplinary services organization that designs interactions and experiences with devices, systems, and services that provide a positive, engaging, and productive experience. The organization serves varying user experience and design needs across Allstate, and is comprised of UX Architects, Interactive Visual Designers, Content Writers, User Interface Engineers and UX Researchers who work together to design delightful experiences.
The UX Portfolio Manager performs activities for an assigned set of partners within the portfolio of UX&D work to improve the operational systems, processes and policies needed to deliver useful and usable design solutions. The UX Portfolio Manager is responsible for assisting in the operations of the UX&D organization and will apply industry best practices and tools specifically in the areas of program, resource and expense management. In support of their assigned partners, this individual will facilitate and manage a number of operational processes: demand management/work intake, project/program/portfolio performance (i.e. planning, tracking, and resource utilization) reporting and budget/expense management.
- Manage the planning and coordination of UX&D programs/projects for an assigned number of partners in support of UX practitioners on the team
- Support partner engagements, strategy and delivery by facilitating work intake processes, defining partner success criteria and monitoring execution to completion.
- Set, track and report on project performance and resource capacity, sharing with internal UX&D team, UX leadership and partners
- Act as point of contact for UX, partners, procurement and vendors in the SOW creation process
- Report on program/project health and status to internal UX&D team and partners
- Understand and contribute to portfolio issue resolution and risk mitigation.
Process and Operational Effectiveness
- Proactively identify the need for and recommend process development work.
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness (research new technologies and alternative methods)
- Proactively track and manage portfolio timelines to ensure all aspects of the program are on target across UXD, technology, various departments, and vendors. Facilitate alignment and collaboration across the team members.
- Design and develop metrics including methods for collecting required metrics data Design and develop metrics to demonstrate UX&D value. Develop processes and methods for collecting required metrics data.
Partner Relationship Management
- Support strategic partner relationships for an assigned set of partners
- Support UXD team through effective communication, reporting, coordination and facilitation.
- Assist and present communications as appropriate. Assess audience information needs and anticipate responses.
- Build trust and confidence with strategic partners by executing with professionalism and expertise.
- Assist in maintaining budget and tracking expenditures for assigned partners
- Assist with overall UX expense reporting as needed
Track SOW's, billing cycles, confirm expenses for assigned partners in the UXD portfolio
- Previous Project Management, resource management, or financial analysis experience
- Consumer centric predisposition and demonstrated relationship building experience.
- Polished communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to understand data, analyze results and draw insights.
- Demonstrated collaborative approach to achieving goals and working across internal teams.
- Ability to work within fast paced environment with little direction.
- Experience working with UX&D teams across various software design methodologies a plus
- Understanding best practices for planning and executing user-centered design practices a plus.
- 3+ years of project management, UX or digital marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top