User Experience/Technology Lead
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Independent Agency (AIA) channel is a critical strategic growth lever for Allstate Brand Distribution. The AIA operations and technology resources are responsible for the developing strategy and implement key initiatives to support of the AIA organization. These initiatives rely on leveraging innovative technologies and a willingness to question the status quo, pushing the boundaries, and creating a compelling value proposition that attracts the most productive independent agencies. They determine the best way for the business unit to achieve their objectives. This function must identify the business unit's needs, leverage benchmark data, construct and manage operational plans to meet these goals.
This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of organizational strategies and is expected to collaborate closely with technology, education, and sales teams to drive results and improve the user experience for the AIA organization.
- Directly applies knowledge of how AIA businesses function to develop strategy and implement both technical and operational changes that will create growth for the channel.
- Perform competitive analysis of other carriers performing in the industry to develop and lead strategy to create positive change to AIA user experience.
- Possess an operating level of knowledge of Allstate products, discounts, markets and competition in various markets within all the states and regions.
- Provides thought leadership, innovative ideas and direction in support of senior leadership and AIA goals.
- Achieves results on initiatives that contribute to improved user experience, growth, and profit goals.
- Builds on existing understanding of thought leadership, striving for a deeper comprehension of the business, customer and field needs, and the broader marketplace.
- With direction, presents business cases and influences others to take recommended actions.
- With direction leads the analysis of complex situations to determine solutions, alternatives or provide guidance.
- Anticipates needs of the business units and leads efforts for continuous technology and user experience improvements; including but not limited to website, salesforce, reporting, rating integrations, and education.
- Contributes to thought leadership and has a "think outside the box" mentality to create positive change for AIA
- Possesses cross functional awareness; understand the different contributors from other disciplines and works with colleagues to achieve better results.
- Communicates and presents project information/updates to various levels of leadership including senior leadership/Officers within Sales and across other functional business units.
- Plans, implements, manages, and/or contributes on projects that are up to moderate complexity and are small to moderately scaled using accepted project management standards.
- Seeks and utilizes relevant functional, business, and technical knowledge to identify and recommend the best solutions for agencies and staff.
- Helps manage development of the business case and acceptance of the plan for single or multi-phase, complex projects that span multiple teams of areas.
- 5+ years of related experience
- College Degree preferred
- UX enhancement and/or design experience preferred
- Previous operations or technology experience required
- Sales or agency development experience preferred
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong skills in project management, team building, and problem solving
- Strong communications skills
- Intermediate knowledge of sales processes, policies, and procedures or other business/technical fields
- Abilities: Project Management, Strategic Thinking, Fostering Improvements, and Thriving in Change
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top