Unlicensed Customer Service Associate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Put your career in Good Hands®. We are Allstate; we help people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life's uncertainties and to prepare them for the future.
One of the biggest ways we stand out as an employer is our inclusive culture. At Allstate, you can bring your whole self to work and just be yourself. But don't take our word for it – hear real Allstaters describe who they are and why they love working at Allstate: http://bit.ly/18AB43G
If you want a career opportunity that allows you to help others and unleash your problem-solving skills … Allstate may be the place for you.
Our Customer Contact Center in Charlotte, NC is growing and we are looking for charismatic, talented individuals who thrive in a collaborative and challenging environment.
The Customer Service Associate II is responsible for handling customer experience inquiries, and resolving service concerns/documenting customer requests, and completing changes to policies which do not require a license. Service to customers will include inbound/outbound calls and call transfers for service transactions.
Tentative Start Date: 11/10/2017
Classroom Training Schedule (approx. 6 weeks): TBD
Transition Schedule (approx. 8 weeks): TBD
Work Schedule: TBD
$31,200 Annually ($15.00/HR)
- Completes customer's transactional requests as provided by caller.
- Demonstrates accuracy in processing changes to customer policies based on the information provided and identifies opportunities requiring a transfer to a licensed representative.
- Actively listens to customer issues or questions showing interest, compassion and displaying empathy for the caller's situation.
- Verify coverage for customers or verify that policy changes were made and provide proof of insurance documents to customers.
- Remain current on new marketing campaigns in order to respond appropriately to marketing related inquiries using all available resource tools.
- Acknowledge and direct customer's requests for additional products or services to appropriate licensed representatives.
- Ensure facilitation of first call resolution and customer satisfaction on all transactions.
- Handle requests regarding customer documentation and be able to clearly explain them to include any follow up on our customer's part.
Our working environment may look like the typical "call center" – but our open and inclusive environment makes it so much more than that. We work hard but still know how to have fun whether we are throwing a chocolate chip bake off or wearing purple for peace, we make your work environment one you won't find anywhere else!
- Prior call center experience a plus
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience
- Flexibility with continual changes to business requirements (shift and weekend work schedules)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent listening /communication skills (both oral and written)
- Intermediate computer skills including keyboard proficiency
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are lawyers, writers, customer service reps, web developers, accountants, building engineers, application developers, project managers and human resource specialists. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success — as individuals and as a company. we celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference In our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers — and our employees — in Good Hands®.
Benefits and Perks
- Pension plan PLUS 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive work environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources
- Adoption assistance program
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women's Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS)
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top