Underwriting Transformation Sr Consultant II
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Underwriting Transformation Team is responsible for collaborating with internal and external business partners to ensure the most efficient and effective processes and tools are operating as designed while working towards continual improvement. We are also responsible for process analytics, ad-hoc requests, implementation, analyzing and communicating metrics and project management.
The UW Transformation Sr Consultant II will support functional and technical strategies, analyze partner relationships while evaluating processes to identify new efforts for innovation and improvement. You will serve as support to their assigned tool, process and/or vendor for teams across Product Operations providing resources for actionable results.
Would you like to support ownership of partner relationships? Are you interested in building positive relationships among teams and team members to ensure partnership on objectives? As Underwriting Transformation Sr. Consultant II, you will:
- Research, analyze and interpret data to find opportunities to impact growth and profit
- Liaise between business unit and systems or other areas of responsibility as required based assigned projects
- Train / coach team members or peers and actively share expertise with other disciplines
- Project Management
- Analyze and support the development / design of new Underwriting plans, programs, processes, and products up to moderate complexity
- Participate in the formulation of strategies to achieve plan objectives and communicate to leadership to gain alignment
- Track plan performance
- Support the team by providing analytics and reporting, which includes generating and formatting reports that other team members need to analyze performance
Are you searching for a position that participates in development of communication strategies, presenting communications that support strategies, new plans, programs, processes and tools, as well as ensuring project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project, and follows up as necessary? As part of our team you will:
- Assist in determining where additional resources / expertise may be necessary to successfully complete projects / assignments
- Forecast short-term and long-term deliverables
- Provide recommendations for potential next steps/actions for the team
- Provide expertise on systems or applications as needed by a department / discipline
- Continually seek opportunities for learning and development
- Possess advanced working knowledge of policies and procedures in management and underwriting
- Use understanding of current industry standards / environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Consult on complex issues within your discipline from an internal perspective
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of industry experience with a background in project management or analytics preferred
- Proficient Computer Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Analytical Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners
- Advanced knowledge of data sources
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top