Underwriting Operations Supervisor
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
Allstate's Underwriting Team is committed to providing Allstate Agents with top of the line experience. A multi-location department, the Risk Management Business Center (RMBC) is currently looking for an experienced underwriting operations supervisor to join our leadership team in Hudson, Ohio. The team lead is responsible for supervising a team of employees ensuring underwriting execution through the use of strong facilitative leadership, analytics and communication skills. Sound interesting? If so, we'd like to speak with you!
In this Team Lead position, the ideal candidate will be able to:
- Drive Employee Performance and engagement
- Creates a positive and satisfying work environment using recognition, empowerment, listening, valuing diversity, and acting as a role model for others.
- Coaches and educates employees on a regular cadence. Develops action plans that are focused on employee's career and performance goals. When necessary, focus on critical conversations.
- Understands the key performance metrics and drivers to influence results and team performance.
- Communicates Information
- Participates in and leads meetings for leadership and field. Additionally, assists employees in interpreting internal and external departmental information.
- Influences others' perspective through connected communication to employees, management and field partners.
- Ensures Risk Management processes are supportive of customer needs.
- Identifies opportunities for process change/enhancements using the underwriting philosophy and guidelines to assist employees in the decision-making process.
Our working environment may look like the typical "call center" - but our open and inclusive environment makes it so much more than that. We utilize a Continuous Improvement culture where our employees lead problem solving activities, receive regular performance coaching from their leaders and have regular check-ins with their leader regarding their career development. We work hard but still know how to have fun- we have an employee-driven team that plans fun, monthly activities!
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Continuous Improvement or Lean Management System, preferred
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace
- Facilitative leadership skills with the intent to engage and inspire direct reports.
- Effective talent development skills, with an emphasis on performance coaching.
- Ability to adapt to change
- Effective written and oral communication skills, with the ability to break down complex information in a systematic and communicable manner and additionally that influence results, outcomes, and employee's engagement
- Problem solving skills and techniques that improve business results
- Ability to connect key business metrics to organizational priorities and the customer value stream.
- Ability to assess and prioritize work guided by department commitments, business strategies and emerging trends.
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
Over the course of your development, you will be expected to develop the following skills/abilities:
- Individual Risk Management expertise to advise and direct Individual Risk Management decisions.
- Advanced knowledge of internal team's processes and systems and basic external business unit knowledge.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top