UM/UIM Represented Casualty Adjuster
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an (Experienced) Unrepresented Casualty Adjuster in Columbia, SC!
About the Team
The Claims Department is here to restore peoples' lives after the unexpected has happened. We work to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy. Putting our customers first to resolve their claim and taking the stress out of the situation is our goal.
This is your chance to help make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
About the Position
Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for investigating moderately complex and occasionally complex, unrepresented claims which may include: uninsured or underinsured motorist claims in single or multi car accidents; Injury Casualty Soft Tissue and unrepresented moderate or major claims. The individual also may handle moderate and occasionally complex CPL claims. The individual takes recorded statements, resolves loss of use claims, makes payments to appropriate parties, and negotiates and settles or refers bodily injury issues that cannot be resolved.
Specific responsibilities include
• Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
• Researches and responds to moderately complex and occasionally complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
• Reviews customer satisfaction results; works independently to create personal action plans
File Documentation and Reporting
• Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
• Determines and explains minimum coverage limits in moderately complex and occasionally complex claims involving single or multiple claimants
• Sets initial reserve, updates reserve, documents rationale and claim summary notes
• Obtains photos and/or conducts scene investigation
• Takes recorded statements from claimants, insureds, witnesses, medical providers, etc., conducts investigations into moderately complex and occasionally complex auto accidents, determines liability, and prepares summaries
• Determines claim value
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
• Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
• Reviews medical reports in preparation for claims settlement evaluation
Other Projects and Responsibilities
• May participate in one or more moderately complex or occasionally complex special assignments
• May serve as a committee team lead for medium-sized projects or as a committee team member on medium to large projects
• May serve as a subrogation or arbitration panelist
• May serve as an agent advocate
• May participate in oversight activities
• Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
• 3 - 5 years of prior claims handling experience strongly preferred
• Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderate and occasionally complex claims
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for helping others.
• Strong organizational and computer skills.
• Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems.
• Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top