UCV Systems Analyst - WAS/InfoSphere
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate's Unified Customer View (UCV) team is seeking a Service Engineer to support IBM MDM InfoSphere application. We are looking for a tech Savvy individual who has a depth of knowledge and experience with IBM Websphere and IBM MDM InfoSphere products.
The Service Engineer (SE) Technician will be responsible to support the IBM MDM InfoSphere platform and will have very solid Linux and WebSphere skills. The SE Technician will focus on deployments, availability, health, and life-cycle activities with a drive for automation.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide support and automated solutions for the IBM MDM InfoSphere and WebSphere platforms including consulting, configuring, deploying, monitoring, and self-healing/recovery for applications.
- Investigates, evaluates, recommends and implements improvements to the existing platforms and participate with driving strategic direction.
- Aim of quickly learning and applying knowledge and skills required to support the MDM related platforms.
- Document, research, identify and attempt to solve all technical and application related problems and clearly communicate technical solutions in a user friendly professional manner.
- 2-5+ years of technical experience in IBM MDM InfoSphere and WebSphere platforms.
- At least 1-2 years of demonstrated programming capability in a high-level programming language such as Python, Java, C# or other language related to automating deployment, configuration and system monitoring/availability.
- 2+ years of demonstrated Linux command-line capability.
- Strong knowledge of WebSphere 8 to include installation, configuration, administration, deployment, trouble-shooting
- Extensive knowledge with server tuning and clustering
Desirable Criteria – This may be used where we have a high number of applicants
- Knowledge of scripting and support tools including Splunk, GitHub, Puppet, Jenkins, Octopus
- Knowledge of operating systems and platforms including x86 and RedHat Linux
- Knowledge of other technologies Layer 7, TIBCO, F5/networking, Oracle
- Experience with RAD, Server Mgmt, knowledge of packaging process and IO communications.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top