TIBCO Application Developer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The position develops TIBCO solutions, participates in design reviews, conducts code reviews, creates test plans and participates in testing reviews, and resolves moderate defects. This position designs, documents, reviews, and maintains components of software solutions for projects related to the support of varying Integration applications as needed.
- Evaluate detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements including recovery, security, and audit.
- Develop/Design detailed technical components with high-level architecture
- Recognize and understand use of design patterns for intermediate applications.
- Apply reusability and future state architectures.
- Participates and provides feedback in design reviews.
- Complete component design documents on assigned projects.
- Participate and provide feedback in design reviews.
- Develop or confirm detailed project or system change estimates or project plans. Calibrates estimating factors for continuous process improvement.
- Develop code for intermediate modules, following documentation and development standards.
- Create enhanced technical documentation and implement changes.
- Conduct timely structured code reviews to ensure standards and systems interoperability.
- Review and critique team members’ code.
- Create accurate test plans, conditions, and data. Participate in testing reviews.
- Conduct basic levels of module and integration testing according to process standards. Track and resolve moderate defects.
- Assists Quality Control (QC) personnel with functional/integration/performance tests.
- Identify support issues and initiate action to resolve the problem.
- Provide technical assistance during production issues when needed.
- Analyze and resolve problems within the assigned application stack.
- Execute change management activities supporting production deployment to Developers, Quality Control Analysts, and Environment Management personnel.
- Completes and delivers migration or change management form to above parties.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent work experience;
- 3-5 years of application development experience.
- Prior insurance experience or specific industry designation preferred but not required;
- Solid knowledge of Tibco Business Works required
- Prior experience working with Oracle and other relational databases. DB2 knowledge is preferred.
- Familiarity with EMS messaging
- Well experienced in developing web services.
- Familiarity with Tibco Administrator and code deployment
- Familiarity with XML and ability to read/write complex XPATH notation
- Familiarity with other TIBCO developer tools such as Business Events is also desired
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server as code management tool preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top