Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Test Engineer Senior Consultant I (C1) owns all test coordination, planning, and creation or execution of automated test scripts for low to medium complexity projects. This engineer coordinates and owns the test strategy as the overall quality champion on the team, identifies acceptance criteria, defines the test conditions when stories or requirements are created, designs and implements test automation architecture and may enhance and modify the test automation framework.
In an agile/scrum environment, may:
- Execute practical application of Agile framework components (user stories, scrum, sprints, etc.).
- Participate in Scrum, Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities – prepared to take on any role within the Agile team
- Participate in Sprint planning and release planning
- Participate in backlog refinement
- Define acceptance criteria when stories are created
- For activities related to Test Management, may:
- Decompose business requirements to be able to write effective acceptance criteria and automated test scripts for low to medium complexity projects
- Define and coordinate an iterative test strategy, develop test strategy for low to medium complexity projects
- Support, design, development and implementation of basic/low complexity modifications to test automation architecture and functional, mobile, or web services framework
- Execute test cases within the Functional, Mobile, or Web Services Automation framework
- Create test data and identify environment needs for low to medium complexity projects
- Monitor software quality via continuous and iterative testing approach
- Understand and provide insight on the test infrastructure
- Create an environment where a Test Driven Development behavior is fostered
- Create automated scripts that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Apply Testing Lifecycle Management principles in the context of a product
- Manage testing-related Defects/Issues/Risks
- Possess technical competency to interact with application developers to ensure software quality
- 3+ years of manual & automation testing experience of N-tier applications
- 3 years of experience with SDLC
- 2+ years of experience with Agile Scrum
- 1+ years of software development experience (Java preferred)
- 2+ years of Test Automation Development experience with open source and market-leading vended solutions
- 1+ years of Relational Database Management (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) SQL and Data Validation are essential
- Experience with testing Web Services
- Strong Analysis, Troubleshooting, and Problem Solving Skills
- . Experience with the following tools:
- Web Service Testing Tools (e.g. DevTest, SoapUI, other WS tools)
- Agile Planning tool (e.g. JIRA)
- Functional Test Automation (e.g. Selenium WebDriver, UFT)
- Relational Database Management (e.g. Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
- Defect Management (e.g. HP Quality Center)
- Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC)
- IDE (e.g. Eclipse, Visual Studio, Xcode, Android Studio)
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson)
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top