Test Engineer -ETL
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We're looking for Test Engineers with ETL experience to work in an Agile environment supporting the Agency Pay Portfolio. The Test Engineer Senior Consultant I role is accountable for all test coordination, planning, and creation or execution of automated test scripts for a Product Team. The Test Engineer coordinates and owns the test strategy as the overall quality champion on the team, identifies acceptance criteria, defines the test conditions when stories or requirements are created, designs and implements test automation architecture and may enhance and modify the test automation framework.
Test Management Activities:
- Define and coordinate an iterative test strategy
- Understand and provide insight on the test infrastructure
- Create test data and identify environment needs
- Create an environment where a Test Driven Development behavior is fostered
- Create automated scripts that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Monitor software quality via continuous and iterative testing approach
- Execute test cases within the Functional, Mobile, Performance or Web Services Automation framework
- Apply Testing Lifecycle Management principles in the context of a product
- Possess technical competency to interact with application developers to ensure software quality
- Decompose business requirements to be able to write effective acceptance criteria and automated test scripts
- Support, design, development and implementation of basic/low complexity modifications to test automation architecture and functional, mobile, performance or web services framework
- Execute practical application of Agile framework components (user stories, scrum, sprints, etc.).
- Participate in Scrum, Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities - prepared to take on any role within the Agile team
- Participate in Sprint planning and Program Increment planning
- Participate in backlog refinement
- Define acceptance criteria when stories are created
- 1+ years of Relational Database Management (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) SQL and Data Validation are essential
- 2+ years of Test Automation Development experience with open source and market-leading vended solutions creating functional, regression, or performance tests
- Experience with ETL testing
- Ab Initio tool is preferred
- Linux/Unix Operating System and Unix Shell Scripting
- 3+ years of manual & automation testing experience of N-tier applications
- 3 years of experience with SDLC1+ years of experience with Agile Scrum
- 1+ years of software development experience (Java preferred)
- Strong Analysis, Troubleshooting, and Problem Solving skills
Leverages Agile/Scrum-enabling test execution tools
- Agile Planning tool (e.g. JIRA)
- Defect Management (e.g. HP Quality Center)
- Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC)
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top