Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Test Engineer assists with test execution on an agile or waterfall project, focusing on the development and execution of automated test scripts for high complexity projects, manage and own the development of the test strategy as a quality champion on the team, identifies acceptance criteria, and define the test conditions when stories or requirements are created, designs and implements test automation architecture and may enhance and modify the test automation framework.
- Decompose and/or solicit business requirements to be able to write effective acceptance criteria and develop automated test scripts for high complexity projects
- Test a range of Products spanning Legacy Apps, Web Sites/Portals, Mobile Apps, and Web Services
- Develop automated scripts that support existing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Support, design, development and implementation of high complexity modifications to test automation architecture and functional, mobile, or web services framework
- Provide input into automation techniques, carrying out POC and other analysis
- Identify and communicate testing-related Defects/Issues/Risks
- Possess technical competency to interact with application developers to ensure software quality. This may include architectural reviews, design sessions, and code reviews
- Possess thorough understanding of environment and infrastructure that the Products will be deployed to
- 3+ years’ experience as an automation/testing engineer role in an Agile team
- 3+ years’ experience in Agile Planning tools such as Jira
- 3+ years’ hands on experience with Selenium Web Driver + Java
- 3+ years’ experience developing with Java
- Experience with Mobile Test Automation (e.g. Perfecto Mobile, Appium)
- Experience in Web Service Testing Tools such as CA LISA or SoapUI
- Experience with Relational Database Management (e.g. Oracle, SQL, MySQL) is preferred
- Experience with source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC)
- Experience in using IDE tools such as Eclipse, Visual Studio, Xcode & Android Studio
- Experience in using Continuous Integration tools and implementing is a huge plus
- 5+ years relevant job experience
- Undergraduate degree Computer Science/Engineering, MIS degrees preferred
- Analytical skills
- Strategic thinking
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top