Test Automation Architect
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Quality Assurance Automation Architect is a technical hands-on leader in the testing organization and is a strategic participant across many development efforts. As a QA Automation architect you are passionate about driving efficiency in the software development process by using leading tools and frameworks to deliver complete automated test suites and provide test automation architecture to a large global insurance organization. This position could also be referred to as a Software Engineer in Test (SDET). The Quality Assurance Automation Architect provides overall leadership on test strategy, script design, script execution, automation framework, service virtualization, data virtualization, and environment design & advanced Test Management strategies all combined to improve effectiveness, costs and velocity. Responsible for the design, enhancement and future growth of test automation architecture and framework.
• Provide leadership around test techniques or methodologies to support complex or strategic direction for creation of the automation test suite environment
• Provide leadership in the execution of automated test scripts and validation of requirements
• Lead the design, modification, development, and implementation of test automation architecture and framework
• Responsible for the automation architecture and provides direction on automation techniques. Responsible for the research and implementation of the advanced features of test automation
• In an agile/scrum environment, may:
• Execute practical application of Agile framework components (user stories, scrum, sprints, etc.).
• Participate in Scrum, Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities - prepared to take on any role within the Agile team
• Participate in Sprint planning and release planning
• Participate in backlog refinement
• Define acceptance criteria when stories are created
• For activities related to Test Management, may:
• Provide consultation on the most complex testing strategies
• Contribute and provide subject matter expertise to iterative test strategy
• Provide subject matter expertise on framework direction and output
• Extend tool capabilities and integrate with other technologies by coding interfaces, new functions, custom objects, etc.
• Execute test cases within the Functional, Mobile, Performance or Web Services Automation framework
• Ensure software quality via continuous and iterative testing approach
• Understand and provide oversight on the test infrastructure
• Create, consult and maintain an environment where a Test Driven Development behavior is fostered
• Create and validate automated scripts that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
• Consult and provide direction on test environment issues; act as SME for external environment team communications
• Apply Testing Lifecycle Management principles in the context of a product
• Possess technical competency and takes on leadership role to interact with application developers to ensure software quality
• 5+ years of software development background
• 5+ years of manual & automation testing experience of N-tier applications
• 5+ years of experience with SDLC
• 4+ years of experience with Agile Scrum
• Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages/frameworks: C#, Java, Python, .NET/Java frameworks
• 4+ years of Test Automation Development experience with open source and market-leading vended solutions creating functional, regression, or performance tests
• Expert level hands on experience with Selenium Web driver using Java
• 2+ years hands on experience with implementing Continuous Integration and build automation systems such as Jenkins, Octopus etc.
• 2+ years of experience in architecting, implementing solutions/frameworks to effectively transition testing to the cloud.
• 1+ years of Relational Database Management (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) SQL and Data Validation are essential
• Experience with testing Web Services
• Strong Analysis, Troubleshooting, and Problem Solving Skills
• Understanding of Performance Testing
• 5+ years of strong hands-on functional / system test automation experience
• Experience constructing test plans and executing against these plans across functional, regression unit, system, performance, stress and load testing
• Experience with mobile automation tools such as Perfecto Mobile and Mobile Labs
• Knowledge of containers, virtualizations and ability to help design and implement computing grids used in testing Selenium
• Strong knowledge and understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and tools to support IT. Continuous delivery pipeline integration approaches for testing automation
• Creative with ability to "think outside the box" for long-term solution
• Leverages Agile/Scrum-enabling test execution tools. Experience with the following tools:
• Agile Planning tool (e.g. JIRA)
• Functional Test Automation (e.g. Selenium WebDriver, UFT)
• Mobile Test Automation (e.g. Perfecto Mobile, Appium)
• Web Service Testing Tools (e.g. CA LISA, SoapUI, other WS tools)
• Performance Testing Tools (e.g. Performance Center, Jmeter)
• Relational Database Management (e.g. Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
• Defect Management (e.g. HP Quality Center)
• Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC)
• IDE (e.g. Eclipse, Visual Studio, Xcode, Android Studio)
• Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson other)
Nice to have/preferred qualifications:
• Published and presented technical articles/papers in conferences, journals etc
• Experience with implementing automation in conjunction with Artificial Intelligence.
• Experience with Security testing.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top