Territory Sales Consultant - Louisville
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Encompass Insurance is one of the largest personal property and casualty insurance brands sold exclusively through a network of more than 2,400 independent agents. Each of our agents are committed to delivering superior service and quality products to their discerning policyholders who have worked hard to achieve their lifestyle.
The Encompass team is set to profitably grow or manage Encompass premium and market share in targeted markets and consumer segments, and achieve desired business results by developing, leading, managing and implementing effective strategies, processes, and programs in the Independent Agency channel. This role includes a car and involves 80% travel.
Achieve strategic objectives and business goals by leading all sales-related activity within a market, including but not limited to implementing strategic objectives by effectively consulting with assigned independent agencies, monitoring progress and making appropriate adjustments, and working effectively with peers, Regional Sales Manager and Director, and other internal business units.
The Territory Sales Consultant is based in the field and reports to a Regional Sales Manager.
- Work with cross-functional business partners to develop and implement market-specific sales tactics designed to achieve specific growth and profit goals and targeted business results
- Develop new and improve or maintain relationships with assigned agencies and lead resolution efforts where needed and/or appropriate
- Provide insight as requested to help inform effective regional, market and/or state specific sales programs to drive results
- Effectively communicate with internal associates and agencies, presenting business cases to influence decision making and business results
- Lead the market distribution channel to maximize areas of opportunity, including identifying and appointing new agencies aligned with the Encompass strategy and ending relationships with incumbent agencies who are not aligned with the Encompass strategy
- Ensure compliance with state, Encompass and/or Allstate rules, regulations, programs and guidelines
- Knowledge and experience in Property & Casualty and Traditional Life preferred
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Proven track record for obtaining business results through the development of effective internal relationships within the distribution organization and across other business functions
- Experience in field distribution leadership and Property & Casualty
- Working knowledge of all Independent Agency brand products and processes, to include P&C
- Knowledge of all aspects of sales process and drivers (shop, buy, cross-sell, retain, profitability, etc.)
- P&C and Life and Health licenses preferred as appropriate for the state
- Microsoft Office proficiency required. (Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top