Territory Sales Consultant - Indiana
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Encompass Insurance is one of the largest personal property and casualty insurance brands sold exclusively through a network of more than 3,000 independent agents in most states. With a legacy that dates back to 1897, Encompass employees and agents are committed to delivering a superior insurance experience for our customers. Encompass is a solely owned subsidiary of The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL), the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer.
Encompass is growth focused, looking to expand its presence throughout the country. We are seeking enthusiastic, creative, results-oriented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment. Encompass offers an exceptional career experience for our employees, with impactful work and exciting opportunities to make a difference. Join Encompass and you'll be part of an exciting future.
The Territory Sales Consultant will profitably grow or manage Encompass premium and market share in targeted markets and consumer segments, and achieve desired business results by developing, leading, managing and implementing effective strategies, processes and programs in the Independent Agency channel.
Achieve strategic objectives and business goals by leading all sales-related activity within a market, including but not limited to implementing strategic objectives by effectively consulting with assigned independent agencies, monitoring progress and making appropriate adjustments, and working effectively with peers, Regional Sales Manager and Director, and other internal business units.
The Territory Sales Consultant is based in the field and reports to a Regional Sales Manager.
• Work with cross-functional business partners to develop and implement market-specific sales tactics designed to achieve specific growth and profit goals and targeted business results
• Develop new and improve or maintain relationships with assigned agencies and lead resolution efforts where needed and/or appropriate
• Provide insight as requested to help inform effective regional, market and/or state specific sales programs to drive results
• Effectively communicate with internal associates and agencies, presenting business cases to influence decision making and business results
• Lead the market distribution channel to maximize areas of opportunity, including identifying and appointing new agencies aligned with the Encompass strategy and ending relationships with incumbent agencies who are not aligned with the Encompass strategy
• Ensure compliance with state, Encompass and/or Allstate rules, regulations, programs and guidelines
• Sales or Sales Support experience
• Goal oriented
• Excellent communication skills; listens effectively, speaks and writes clearly and persuasively.
• Strong interpersonal skills and situational fluency. Ability to effectively engage and influence agency owners and staff as well as associates and leadership within the Encompass organization
• Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to manage priorities in fast-paced and changing environment
• Strong assessment skills; ability to identify opportunities that are aligned with enterprise solution sets
• Competitive; thrives in an environment where performance metrics are routinely measured.
• Innovative; ability to create, improve or re-imagine processes and best practices
• Working knowledge of the personal lines Independent Agency channel, including carrier competitors and national industry associations
• Insurance experience in sales, product management, marketing or general management
• Bachelor's degree preferred. Industry certifications preferred (CIC, AINS, CPCU)
• Bilingual skills helpful
• Travel is required
• Valid driver's license and in good standing
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top